Talk

Advanced search

Long sleeved/legged sun suits

(14 Posts)
nappyaddict Sun 31-May-09 23:08:05

Has anyone used them with their children? Do they get too hot in them in the summer months especially abroad?

Housemum Mon 01-Jun-09 12:58:12

I always use them - they don't get too hot and neither of my older girls minded wearing them as they look pretty cool nowadays. The little ones only wore these last year in Malta in August and were fine, we got the matching legionnaire-style hats that they could keep on in the pool too.

When DD1 was little they were a rarity and cost nearly £30 (she's 16 now) I bought mine for the younger DDs in M&S last year for around £15, the supermarkets sell them too.

I would advise separate top and bottom rather than an all-in-one for easier loo trips! (Same reason I put the girls in bikinis if they're not wearing the sunsuits)

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 13:19:04

Oooh what supermarkets? I've only seen the short sleeved and short legged ones so far. Did you have cotton ones or nylon ones?

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 13:19:40

Does your 16 year old where them aswell?

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 13:20:05

wearblush

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 13:48:08

Most of the M&S ones are nylon (polyamide) They have this one but it's not got long legs anyway. Does anyone know if polyester is the same as polycotton?

laughalot Mon 01-Jun-09 13:49:34

Next, george , matalan, tescos do them. They are such a good idea.

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 13:54:50

Have you got a link to the next ones? I could only see short ones in store.

HouseisJackBauersDoctor Mon 01-Jun-09 13:57:27

I got long sleeved and legged ones from tesco for £9 this year. We took them to Tunusia and the girls lived in them. Great as only needed to suncream face, hands and feet. Plus they are really bright (turquise and pink, ick) so I could spot them a mile off!

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 14:03:40

Will have a look in Tesco's. Do you know what materials it has on the label?

MollieO Mon 01-Jun-09 14:06:28

Boots do nice ones too.

HouseisJackBauersDoctor Mon 01-Jun-09 14:08:37

Rather handily they are in the kitchen amongst the pile of laundry I am ignoring sorting
80% nylon
20% elastane
lining 100% polyester. I assume that means the extra bit in teh crotch

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 14:09:58

Long legged ones? I only saw them with short legs in Boots and we have quite a big one.

Housemum Mon 01-Jun-09 14:10:43

I've seen the Tesco ones too. And no, 16yo wouldn't wear one!! (Saying that, I think she's a vampire as she hates going out in the sun anyway...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now