Talk

Advanced search

Glad this week is over!!

(5 Posts)
Ailsa Fri 06-May-05 21:25:42

Where do I start?

1) Wednesday - DD2 and I fell over (my dodgy knee gave way)walking to MIL's to pick up DD1 & DS, I've gashed my knee and scraped my shin. I tried to let go of dd2's hand, but she wasn't having any of it.

2) Later on Wednesday - my sister phoned me to say that my younger, middle half brother died on Tuesday. Although I haven't seen him for years it has still really shocked/stunned/upset me, not sure which yet. Will start another thread later, probably long and rambling.

3) Got stranded at work tonight because the car broke down and I had to call the breakdown service. Had to ask MIL to pick DD2 up from nursery, normally she would moan about it, but I think because of no.2 she was really nice and did it without moaning.

I think that's my bad luck over with for a while, at least I hope so.

Somanykiddies Mon 09-May-05 12:11:09

Sorry to hear your week was so awful, happens like that sometimes doesn't it!

This week happens to be my bad week:

Tuesday - Court to try and settle finances with ex to b.

Wednesday - Would have been wedding anniversary!!

Thursday - DP's ex wife inquest when it will get out that she was waaayyy over the limit at 11.20 on a Saturday morning and that she was an alcoholic with a terrible history of related violence, something we have managed to keep quiet up until now. Praying it won't get into local papers if it's a slow news day. At the same time SD1 has to go to Great Ormand Street as her health continues to fail.

Can't wait for this week to be over and it's only Monday!

Ailsa Mon 09-May-05 13:42:13

Hope you get the results you want this week.

To cap it all off, dh has been a pig all weekend, because work has cocked up AGAIN! I was so angry on Saturday evening that I smashed the glass in our wedding photo, oops! DH cleared up the mess, and hasn't said a word about it. Everything back to normal now.

Somanykiddies Mon 09-May-05 16:22:50

Chucking stuff around always makes me feel better but hate clearing up after myself! Hope this is the last of your bad run.

Ailsa Mon 09-May-05 20:47:11

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

MIL picked me up from work tonight, About a mile from home one of her tyres blew. We pulled into the carpark of the nearest pub and called my BIL, who only lives down the road to see if he could change the wheel.

My 2 dd's had a great time, as they got to play in the wacky warehouse. DD2's first time, I had to drag her out kicking and screaming.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: