Talk

Advanced search

Things are all going downhill rapidly....

(5 Posts)
Flossam Fri 06-May-05 19:38:44

One week ago we were moving house tomorrow, Dp had the weekend off, his parents were coming down for the weekend to help, his friend was also coming to help, as was his brother and his girlfriend. Lovely, loads of people. The van was booked, the appointment to pick up the keys for the same time, 9 am. One of us would go and get the keys, one would help FIL get the van.

Now, Dp's friend can't make it. His brother is out on the piss last night, and bearing in mind he was too hungover to help DP who was moving us on his own when I was 8 months pregnant, I don't hold much hope for him making it tomorrow either. Dp has to get up for work at 5 am on Sunday.

And, his F*cking parents. We thought, seeing as they haven't seen our six month old since he was four weeks old they would be making a weekend of it. Wrong. They are traveling up now to go straight to the hotel, where they are just staying for tonight. They will go home tomorrow afternoon. All our plans have been put out completely, they think it is too early for them, so Dp is going to have to get the bus to the letting agent's (over half an hour away). I'm going to have to try and get hold of the van man to tell him we can't make the appointment. We also have nowhere to park the car, we could have left it in the van place, but it closes at lunchtime. The original plan was that we would return the van on the sunday. Obviously with them going home on saturday afternoon, that can't happen. We have to drop it somewhere nearby for them to pick up on sunday and hope no damage occurs, otherwise it's goodbye deposit. I'm crying, everything seemed to be going so well. why is everything so fucked up so quickly?

Flossam Fri 06-May-05 19:39:28

Sorry, brother is out on the piss tonight, still hungover from being out the night before.

oooggs Fri 06-May-05 19:43:51

Oh Flossam, I hope things go ok tomorrow. Families - who would have them?

MarsLady Fri 06-May-05 19:47:13

I'm sorry flossam. Here's hoping it all looks up tomorrow!

aaliyahsmum Fri 06-May-05 19:48:04

when i last moved house my then dp was supposed to have booked the removal men and finished packing the house as my sister had paid for me and dd to go on holiday and we got back the same day we moved.
i got home nothing was packed and we waited 2 hours before he said i dont think i called them, i was in tears and my best mate and me did 12 trips in her clio and my dad did 7 trips in his small works van and my sisters boyfriend did 5 trips in his jeep and we had to ask a neighbour to do 2 trips in his flat bed truck. i was so upset but happy that at the end of the day everybody pulled together and helped me to move.As it was 3 weeks after moving me and dp split up anyway and i have just moved yet again this time with no fuss. cheer up it could be so much worse xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now