Talk

Advanced search

Selling a house with a toddler

(12 Posts)
Waswondering Fri 06-May-05 13:38:25

Any tips for managing viewings of the house with a toddler underfoot? I will take him away this evening to allow DH to do the two viewings in peace, but we've never sold before so weren't sure if toddlers were welcome or not. Also, how do you manage evening viewings if said toddler has just gone down?

AARGH!

tillykins Fri 06-May-05 13:39:18

ahhh! so you are not selling a toddler, with the house!
I see!

no advice though!

ambrosia Fri 06-May-05 13:40:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hulababy Fri 06-May-05 13:41:31

DD, whu is just 3 but house stuff started ;ast September, has been involved in all house house viewings. She was there when we showwd people round and there when we have gone to view other houses. We deliberately wanted to involve DD in the whole process.

In the evening we tried to avoid viewings after bedtime. But if in bed, you still need to be able to turn a light on and show people round - but maybe keep it short, and suggest they come back at a weekend - when light to see the house and that bedroom again in more detail.

Waswondering Fri 06-May-05 13:42:05

There are times that if you offered me a fair price . . . .

. . . . then you see the cheurub sleeping and think, "ah, bless" . . .

ZolaPola Fri 06-May-05 13:42:21

Get the agent to do all daytime viewings - and be out/in the garden, for evenings ones, just ask people to be quieter upstairs.
Keep all clutter/toys out of the way - it's bloody difficult but necessary IME as some people really can't see beyond the noise/toys and do get put off.

Waswondering Fri 06-May-05 13:43:01

DS is 20m, fwiw!

joash Fri 06-May-05 13:53:05

We make sure that we keep all viewings for daytime and no later than 1/2 hour before GS goes to bed. If people are keen enough - they don't mind.

SPARKLER1 Fri 06-May-05 13:53:40

.....I thought the toddler was included in the price too. PMSL

Mirage Fri 06-May-05 15:53:47

We've just been through this with 19 month old dd.We just said no viewings after 7-7.30pm & it wasn't a problem.

honeybunny Fri 06-May-05 16:47:26

I had a newborn when the house went on the market, and it took 9months to sell. I wouldnt show them ds room if he was asleep, told this to the estate agent who warned viewers and refused any evening viewings after 7pm (unless they were happy to miss seeing ds's room). Looking back, maybe that's why it took so long to find committed buyers!!!

pinkmamma Fri 06-May-05 16:55:18

i just finished a viewing with my little tike around (he will be 3 in june). we had a buyer up til 2 weeks ago but he pulled out one week before completion due cause he wanted another 20k off agreed price.... bastard, so i am just going through a load of veiwings again.

i'm afraid i put tv room on in play room, give him a packet of maltesers and bobs your uncle!!
tbh everyone who has looked at the house have been families so all child friendly. sometimes they bring kids which is very exciting for him.
but i have had no probs at all
good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now