Talk

Advanced search

Did you know you can get paid for searching on the web?

(7 Posts)
Miaou Fri 06-May-05 09:25:36

DH just found this the other day and I thought i would pass it on.

If you do a search on the web through this website, they will pay you two cents for every search you do. You can do up to 40 searches a day through here, and therefore tot up about $30 over a month - not to be sniffed at, methinks!

This is the link: netbux I should point out that I get paid for referring you (and you will get paid if you refer someone else) but it's not "pyramid selling" as such as you don't get any less than you would if you went to them direct! Also, bear in mind that this site is VERY popular just now so it is sometimes a little slow.

I have earned about $5 already this week though so I thought I would share it with other mners who like to make a bit of money for nothing!

Miaou Fri 06-May-05 11:34:23

bump

Hulababy Fri 06-May-05 11:38:43

Sounds too easy to be true????

How reliable are they?

JoolsToo Fri 06-May-05 11:39:32

also sounds dodgy

Miaou Fri 06-May-05 11:47:37

No it's not dodgy, they get paid by advertisers and "click throughs" - in other words, if you click on a link from a subject you search on. They just pass on some of their earnings to you. For the advertisers, it means more web users are seeing their ads, which is why they pay netbux, so it's a quid pro quo.

There is NOTHING underhand or dodgy about it. If there was, I wouldn't dream of posting this on mumsnet.

Hulababy Fri 06-May-05 11:48:18

Well it certainly sounds a good idea.

Miaou Fri 06-May-05 11:53:51

That's what I thought Hula, it's something I do all the time anyway (ie search on the internet) so I'm not having to "do" anything for the money! Re. reliability - they only set up a month ago so it's a case of wait and see - but they've attracted hundreds of thousands of users already. Dh is very computer/internet savvy and he wouldn't touch anything dodgy/unethical with a bargepole, hence why I am so comfortable with it, and with recommending it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now