Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone make money on EBAY?

(15 Posts)
Marshmellow Thu 05-May-05 21:36:22

Just trying to weigh up my options when the children are all at school and wondered whether anyone actually earns any decent money on ebay? Thought it would be a great way to make some money whilst still being at home for school holidays etc. Have i got my head in the clouds or do people really earn more than a few pounds from doing this? Advice please

darlingbud Thu 05-May-05 21:39:34

I have made 490.00 in 5 weeks selling most things from dinner services to kids toys. It really dpends what you have to sell.

Nemo1977 Thu 05-May-05 21:40:16

i do when i csan be arsed tend to make around 50-60 a week

Janh Thu 05-May-05 21:41:02

darlingbud, £490 profit or takings?

darlingbud Thu 05-May-05 21:43:16

takings.

megandsoph Thu 05-May-05 21:44:30

marshmellow I have thought about this a few times too... U can actually become a trader and make a fair bit by buying bulk from traders and dirt cheap prices and sell them on...

there was a lassie who used to work with DP who got intouch with someone in USA who sold her aload of von dutch clothing and eventually she apparently was bringing in an average of 2k a mth and left the company to pursue it full time as an ebay trader...

Janh Thu 05-May-05 21:44:48

How much was profit? Do you buy stuff from carboots etc? (I bought something off ebay from a localperson and she said she gets lots of things in charity shops, do you do that?)

It is quite tempting, I really must get a digital camera

Janh Thu 05-May-05 21:45:15

oops, lol at localperson.

Local person of course.

motherofboys Thu 05-May-05 21:45:24

My business profits around 20K per annum - about half comes from Ebay. You do need to know what to sell though!

darlingbud Thu 05-May-05 21:46:29

If you make too much earnings the tax man will be after you - be warned.

BTW that is just on people who make a huge business out of it. A few nik naks here and there is ok.

Nemo1977 Thu 05-May-05 21:46:37

i tend to go to shops like home n bargain etc and buy stuff cheap then other people who obviously dont shop around will buy from u

Marshmellow Thu 05-May-05 21:50:12

Oooh, success stories!!!Just what i was hoping to hear, i guess if i plunge myself into it when i have 'time on my hands' and pursue it with a purpose then i should be able to earn a bit to make a difference. The searching around charity shops etc is a good idea, i'd worry a bit about the buying in bulk just incase it all went pear shaped!

megandsoph Thu 05-May-05 21:50:33

or car boots or even things outta free ads like antiques and collectables

megandsoph Thu 05-May-05 21:54:08

I rememeber seeing an ad once for a newpaper published on the day diana was killed for 50p.... for some reason I recon it could of made a fortune on the american ebay as they are rather in love with our royals especially diana. its just about finding things to sell that peeps want

Spacecadet Thu 05-May-05 22:05:26

i have an ebay nursery shop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now