Talk

Advanced search

Selling books - Amazon or E-bay?

(15 Posts)
purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 15:45:50

I think I'm going to need to part with my beloved collection of fiction paperbacks. I'd like to get a little bit of money back on them, otherwise I'd just donate them to the local charity shops.

Would you sell them through Amazon or E-bay?

purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 16:21:21

anyone?

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 16:23:01

There was a thread on this a while back. Let me see if I can find it.

purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 16:23:52

Thank you! <am I going to get in trouble with Cod now?>

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 16:31:57

Nope, either I have been dreaming about mumsnet and imagined it or it's disappeared. Hope someone else can find it. The title was almost identical to this one.

sorry

purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 16:35:35

I thought MN was going to save me from making my own decision. Might have to do the research myself.

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 16:37:38

There is some info on various threads on here. search for amazon and see if they have what you need. just cant find the one I SWEAR I saw.

purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 16:38:59

OK, thank you . 4 yr old dd is kicking me off the pc for now to play on the CBeebies site!

purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 18:17:45

Look! I found one! Is this the one you were thinking of? I think Amazon might be the easiest way for me to do it - but they do seem to charge a fair bit per item.

baka Thu 05-May-05 18:25:01

amazon- you pay more per sale, but don't have to pay if it doesn't sell and you get more per book- and they give you loads towards postage. I've sold loads on Amanzon (I sell stuff on ebay as well- but for books Amazon). They have to be in quite good nick though.

purpleturtle Thu 05-May-05 18:26:19

THanks, Baka. i've just set up a seller account with Amazon. just have to start hauling piles of books out now (and sort out the ones we definitely want to keep )

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 18:53:26

Glad you found it. It still isn't the one I thought I saw but plenty of info on there

joash Thu 05-May-05 19:01:49

ditto - I sell loads of books on amazon and am very happy with the numbers of buyers that I get. Only ever had one non-payer and amazon do all the necessary stuff to deal with such problems if they do arise - the seller never sends the book until confirmation comes from amazon - great system.

beansprout Thu 05-May-05 19:05:19

I've sold a lot on Amazon and would recommend it.

purpleturtle Sat 07-May-05 15:16:45

Well I've sold 3 in the first 24 hours! Won't have made much money, but anything is more than the charity shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now