Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of relocating, commuting distance to London but where? Any ideas?

(9 Posts)
thedame71 Thu 05-May-05 14:41:37

Same old story, 3 kids now, house in London getting too small, idea of school fees for three children is ridiculous SO like many people beginning to think of moving out.

The problem is being a city girl from up north I really don't know where to start looking.

My ideal would be near small town, large village or in large village. I don't want rural and obviously near and in catchment to good state schools.

Any tips and advice and suggestions of good places to live would be much appreciated!

thanks!

LeahE Thu 05-May-05 14:50:38

Somewhere near Tunbridge Wells? I know the schools are good there, and it's a fairly short commute.

mumtochloe Thu 05-May-05 14:51:10

Brighton is fab depending on your budget of course. By the sea, loads for kids (and adults!) to do, great shops, near the downs which are beautiful and good transport links to London (you can get into central London by train in approx 40 mins).

Fio2 Thu 05-May-05 14:51:53

where about in London do you have to commute to? will you be commuting by train or by car?

bundle Thu 05-May-05 14:52:54

st albans always gets good press on here, couple of people i work with live in brighton but depends which mainline stn you want to commute into

highlight Thu 05-May-05 15:02:51

Chesham/Amersham Area is good, nice schools and met tube line into london

thedame71 Thu 05-May-05 18:43:39

hubbie and poss me would commute to west end. thanks for the suggestions so far x

hatsoff Thu 05-May-05 18:49:40

oooh commuting to the west - Oxfordshire, straightaway, or anywhere in the Thames valley really

LGJ Thu 05-May-05 18:49:59

Farnahm is wonderful, not that I am biased.

Farnham is a bustling lively town of 38000 people at the western end of Surrey
Here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: