Talk

Advanced search

Just found out I am pregnant again, ds just turned 1 - excited and very scared!

(14 Posts)
Booklover Thu 05-May-05 09:13:35

Just need to share this with you as I don't want to tell friends or family yet. Just found out a couple of days ago that I am pregnant and it was not really planned, we just were less careful this time as we wanted to have a second child anyway, but I am still a bit shocked that it happened so quickly (that makes me sound very stupid, I know). My dp is very excited, he loves children and although I am excited too I immediately started to worry about being pregnant again, coping with morning sickness, living on one salary for the next couple of years as there is no point in finding a job now. I am worried about the new situation, will I be able to cope with ds (then almost 2) and a new baby, will she be healthy? Neither of us are British and we have no family in this country. We do have quite a few friends who have been very supportive but I worry about the grandparents not being able to support us and so on....Sorry for sounding a bit depressed, I am feeling very happy at the same time.....

MarsLady Thu 05-May-05 09:16:14

congratulations

charleepeters Thu 05-May-05 09:17:18

i think its normal to be worried i know i will be when i eventually fall pg again but im sure if you and dp support each other and you have an understanding midwife you will be fine. good luck xxx and congratulations

aloha Thu 05-May-05 09:27:25

I think early pregnancy can make you feel quite panicky. It's irrevocable and yet you don't see or feel any different. The feeling soon passes and it's wonderful news really. I am finding two no harder than one tbh.

hotmama Thu 05-May-05 09:41:03

Congrats on your happy news.

There is 21 months between me and my db - although my mum said it was hard work at the beginning it was worth it when we were playing together - and she could get some peace!

Spacecadet Thu 05-May-05 10:17:25

i found out i was preg again after dd2 was born, when she was only 4 months! we were horrified at first, but got used to the idea, sadly i lost the baby but we are now ttc again and dd2 is only 9 months,dont worry, your little one want be a baby when your new child arrives. the age gap sounds nice, its understandable that you are worried, I bet your head is swimming, once you digest the news properly, im sure you will put your worries aside and enjoy your preg, is dh supportive?

koalabear Thu 05-May-05 10:20:10

congrats to you book lover

we are in same position - took forever to have our son (in fact, we were told it wouldn't happen, so we got a puppy instead ) - ended up with a puppy and a baby LOL

then we decided it would be nice to have another, but thought it would never happen - am now pregnant and they will be 18 months apart

scary, but a blessing, don't you think?

bundle Thu 05-May-05 10:21:59

booklover, you definitely need to move now

Booklover Thu 05-May-05 10:26:33

Bundle, I know, there really is no escape now, 2 babys in a 1 bed flat would be impossible! Thanks for all your sweet messages and support, I feel much better already My dp and his sister are also only 2 years apart and dp said it was just the right age gap as they really enjoyed playing together...

Spacecadet Thu 05-May-05 10:28:31

oh yes, time for a house move!

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 05-May-05 10:33:23

Congratulations Booklover

Clayhead Thu 05-May-05 10:34:00

Congratulations Booklover!

I got pregnant when dd was 1 and have a 20 month age gap between her and ds. I won't pretend it was easy but it really wasn't all that bad either, they are 3 and 20 months now and play so well together.

For us, it was exactly the right thing to happen (if a little unplanned ) and I hope it is for you too.

bundle Thu 05-May-05 10:34:11

it will be tough booklover but i have plenty of friends who've lived to tell the tale of a 2-yr-gap. mine are nearly 3 yrs apart and we have no family in london either.

megandsoph Thu 05-May-05 10:35:39

oh wow congrats BL

Felt exactly the same when became PG with DD2 but u will be absolutley fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now