Talk

Advanced search

Recorder dullard - no idea - can anyone help?

(8 Posts)
Carla Tue 03-May-05 19:00:05

dd2's recorder teacher assumes we can all read music. I can't, let alone know where A-G (I think) goes. Can anyone help? TIA x

Carla Tue 03-May-05 19:01:21

Only asking cos I've been crap and should have let her practise all week. Her lesson's tomorrow

happymerryberries Tue 03-May-05 19:01:47

The lines are E G B D F (from bottom to top). remember it, every good boy deserves football.

the spaces in between the lines spell FACE, from the bottom to the top.

SoupDragon Tue 03-May-05 19:02:11

What do you need to know? How to read music?

giraffeski Tue 03-May-05 19:02:35

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Tue 03-May-05 19:02:50

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 19:06:30

This is the book I used when I was little - finding it online was a huge blast from the past!

Carla Fri 06-May-05 12:15:10

I am so roooooood. Thank you so much, everyone, for replying to that recorder question. Haven't been on MN since then, but that night dd2 shouted out 'Dadeeeeeeee', and then, when she was told it was 10.00pm, Mumeeeeeeee......, followed by 'you're not staying long, for all my shouting'.

Aaaagh.

giraffeski, that's incredibly kind of you. If it's still OK I'll CAT you, but please let me know how old your child is, 'cos I'd like to send someting to him/her

Hunker, thank you too. Will have a mooch on that website - at the moment DH thinks he's got the monopoly on teaching dd2 music

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: