Talk

Advanced search

Hen weekend planning for Pregnant Bride...help!

(17 Posts)
Lizzylou Tue 03-May-05 10:28:39

My best friend has just announced her pregancy (due December)and wedding in August, I have been made bridesmaid and am stumped as to what hen weekend she would want!!!
She is adamant that she doesn't want to miss out, has lots of friends (some of whom are v posh and wealthy) and I need some ideas for what we could do???? She will be about 6mths pregnant.
NB She lives South Manchester/Cheshire area

FLUM Tue 03-May-05 10:30:22

What about a tea party somewhere really gorgeous. would say Browns or Ritz but you are north. not sure the equivalent up there.

beansmum Tue 03-May-05 10:33:42

a weekend away in a posh spa? but not like the one in cold feet.

nellie245 Tue 03-May-05 10:38:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nellie245 Tue 03-May-05 10:38:43

beansmum Tue 03-May-05 10:41:26

I thought of it first!!

nellie245 Tue 03-May-05 10:47:05

Lizzylou Tue 03-May-05 10:47:10

Thanks v much, I had thought of a pampering weekend, we can travel, altho a lot of my friend's friends live in London, she has just moved back up north....she may want to hold it in London anyway.......I wanted to give her a few options...she planned mine and it was fab!
I think tea at the Ritz and pampering would be great!

dyzzidi Tue 03-May-05 10:47:52

What about a shopping day with a personal shopper to gear her up for her honeymoon?
Or a wedding shower where american style with a big cake and lots of small gifts for the bride to pamper herself with?

Lizzylou Tue 03-May-05 10:49:21

I know Nellie245, I was thinking of that as I went to a day spa when I was breastfeeding and there were loads of treatments I couldn't have...I was also worried about how she'd feel in a swimming costume (she is used to being the "gorgeous one" with model like figure and has already put on lots of weight!)...I remember I was v self-conscious.....

giraffeski Tue 03-May-05 10:49:41

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Tue 03-May-05 10:52:18

She lives near Warburton and Lymm, gorgeous barn conversion, I was reading about a place that organises marquees in your back garden provides butlers/waitresses, caters for everyone and cleans up afterwards......may be an option!

welshmum Tue 03-May-05 10:54:00

The Elemis Day spa in London sounds pretty special - and has pkgs for mothers to be - it's supposed to be wonderful

nellie245 Tue 03-May-05 11:03:25

Lizzylou Tue 03-May-05 11:44:06

Looks lovely, I am a Mom but have no bump (just flab!)..I want one of those packages myself!

giraffeski Tue 03-May-05 18:56:21

Message withdrawn

darlingbud Tue 03-May-05 19:10:21

Day of pampering
Mini cruise
Hire a limo and go to posh wine bars rather than stinky smokey pubs.
A weekend in the house - just girls - with DVDs/videos, food, music, games and general good fun (cheap too).

will have a think for some more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now