Talk

Advanced search

On the subject of whiffy smells....

(4 Posts)
handlemecarefully Tue 03-May-05 10:08:36

Just noticed the thread re. fishy smells in walls which prompted me to do my own thread.

We've had a rank old smell in our bedroom for over a week now. It's a bit like sour milk or possibly something rotten.

Baby ds sometimes spends time in there without his nappy so it's possible he weed on the floor - but then I would anticipate that this might smell for a bit then would loose its' potency after 3 or 4 days.

This smell is as strong as ever. Have tried the old shake n vac routine, and scented candles to no avail.

We did have mice in the cavity walls recently - but most of their activity was downstairs in the kitchen wall. I put poison down but if they had died and were decomposing wouldn't the smell be in the kitchen (where we heard them)?

Tired of the rotten pong.

Any ideas what might be causing it and how to get rid of it?

handlemecarefully Tue 03-May-05 10:43:54

Bump

Marina Tue 03-May-05 11:00:47

Are you positive there are no missing bottles or beakers that might have rolled under the bed? With milk in them?
Take it from me, baby wee soon loses its quite mild bouquet...dd has watered ds' carpet three or four times and we have just wiped it up with a Dettox wipe, no further intervention required.
Dying mice can travel though, so yes, it could be one that has staggered up from the kitchen.

handlemecarefully Tue 03-May-05 11:28:08

Had a good scout around for bottles on hands and knees....

perhaps it is decomposing mouse then. Could be stuck with the smell for quite a while if that is the case .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now