Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

He's gone now and I feel like crap

(15 Posts)
sweetkitty Mon 02-May-05 20:18:41

My DP has driven back up to Scotland today to start a new job tomorrow. We were all supposed to be moving this weekend but our buyer pulled out at the last minute and now DD and I have to stay down here (London).

We've reduced the price of this place put it back on with another estate agent but no viewings yet it has been 2 weeks. I don't know how we are ever going to sell it if we don't even get people through the door, previous to the offer we accepted it had been on since last August, it's not overpriced for London so why won't it sell? When we had the offer he was a first time buyer who wanted to move in 6 weeks so we all went to Scotland and found a lovely house. We had to inform our solicitor last week that we cannot afford to go ahead which in Scotland means we have breeched our contract. We are having to pay the reavertising costs and god knows what other costs as well.

We could all move up into my Dad's 1 bed flat he has offered us but it's at least 50 miles away from DP's new job, we cannot afford to pay a mortgage and rent somewhere so I have to stay down here with DD until this place is sold. I have no real friends or family in this area and will get no break from DD (not that she's a handful).

It was horrible this morning DP and I were in floods of tears as he was leaving. We will see him in 2 weeks but it's a long time in a 9 month olds life when they do something new every day. Every time one of us travels up or down it will be at least £100 and we cannot afford it on top of everything else.

I feel so down and so angry that the t*** of a buyer could do that even after he traipsed 6 members of his family through our house for an hour taking pictures.

Thanks for reading this I know there is nothing anyone can do, except maybe if someones looking for an investment flat in SE London...............

Toothache Mon 02-May-05 20:21:15

SK -
What an awful situation! You can come and live with me if you like.

dejags Mon 02-May-05 20:22:13

sweetkitty, no real practical advice I am afraid. I just wanted to say sorry that things are crap.

sounds like you have been really run around. I hope things get sorted soon for you.

sweetkitty Mon 02-May-05 20:37:02

thanks toothache xxx

one of our problems is we have 3 cats as well and putting them in a cattery would cost £200 a month my Dad is the only person who has said they can come stay too!!

My best friend has offered but she has a lovely un pet and baby friendly house all cream sofas etc I wouldn't want to trash her house.

Toothache Mon 02-May-05 20:40:24

SK - If you want a hand with anything... even if it's just looking in the local papers for property for you... or sending the papers down then CAT me! Seriously, I'll be more than willing to help with the practicalities of getting you up here!

Can't help to sell your house down there though.

sweetkitty Mon 02-May-05 20:48:45

thanks toothy

I don't even want to look at properties at the moment, "ours" is back on the GSPC website how gutting is that and we are paying for it!! I mostly look at houses online.

I should have be sitting in my new house in Scotland today with my cardi on and the central heating turned up watching the rain, instead of sitting here in the sunshine with shorts and t-shirt on (oh well I've got to be positive about being down here)

womba1 Mon 02-May-05 20:58:12

Sweetkitty... i know exactly how you're feeling. The same thing happened to us in September.Our buyer pulled out and my dh still had to start a new job in Sussex leaving me and our ds in Kent, with a bloody house to sell. We couldn't visit each other very regularly as the train fares were so expensive and money was tight , to say the least. And we couldn't stay with my dh as he was living in, what can only be desribed as a hovel!!
The upshot is, we sold our house and my ds and i moved down to Eastbourne 3 weeks ago and we are now all living together again.
Just wanted to say i know how crap it is and lets hope that our "buyers" end up with properties that have dry rot, noisy neighbours and subsidance!!!

sweetkitty Mon 02-May-05 21:14:57

thanks womba I'm glad I'm not the only one, ours is particularly nasty as we have the 2 different house buying systems, I think going forward we will wait until the money is practically in the bank before looking at houses to buy.

I hope my "buyers" house crashes around his head. When he put in his offer he kept asking when we could move as he was desperate to move in. It took him ages to get a survery done then when he did he came back round with all his relatives and was annoyed he couldn't move in (it was his fault) then things weren't progessing and we found out it was because he hadn't paid for his searches! I phoned him and he said he would sort it and phone me back he never did, I left loads of messages for him to get in contact but he wimped out and left a message with the EA couldn't even phone me himself!

Meanwhile I have to phone our seller and explain to her whats happened and she's like all horrid to me!

Leogaela Tue 03-May-05 10:31:04

Would it be easier to rent your place in london and then use the rent to pay the mortgage and rent somewhere in scotland? I've got no idea what renting involves but it could be worth asking the estate agent how quickly the place would rent.

littlerach Tue 03-May-05 10:34:22

Sorry to hear that, SK, it must be horrid for you and DD. Big hugs to you.xx

FLUM Tue 03-May-05 10:36:32

Ermm, what about dropping your price. everyone loves a bargain.

Fimbo Tue 03-May-05 13:03:36

SK I have gone through separations like this from my dh because of work - its blxxdy awful isn't it? Is there anyway your dp's new employers would consider relocation. The company my dh works for would if the need had arisen bought our house from us to enable us to buy another but we sold our house quickly both times. Would your dad be charging you rent? If not could you not all move there and your dp commute? Would flying back/forward to Scotland/London save any money?

Gobbledigook Tue 03-May-05 13:06:00

SK - so sorry to hear this. Boy is buying and selling houses stressful. We are having a nightmare too as moved into our new house in Jan and still not sold the old one. Paying 2 mortgages is horrendous and come June we'll have to pay council tax on the other one too

At least we aren't split up though.

The market is just incredibly slow - our house seriously has everything going for it and is just not shifting. We are putting a new kitchen in now - nightmare.

sweetkitty Tue 03-May-05 13:16:24

I know the house market is really bad right now but they have been saying that since last August.

We have lowered the price and I think we are going to lower it another few grand soon. Dp was saying last night that we will move into my Dads the end of this month, my Dad would charge us £200 a month to cover his mortgage so it's not too bad. It costs £100 to do a Scotland/London visit anyway (flights/trains etc) so that 2 visits a month and the rent is covered.

Renting this one out isn't an option as we need to free up the money tied up here for deposit on new one.

Gobbledigook - hope yours sells soon as well.

dinosaur Tue 03-May-05 13:17:24

So sorry you're having all this hassle sweetkitty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now