Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ebay, what a pain !

(10 Posts)
poppy101 Mon 02-May-05 18:39:37

I have been outbid again, only wanted a cot bumper to match my other one. Was outbid, put in an extremely high price hoping no one would outbid me and they did right in the last few seconds, while I was feeding and putting my lo to bed. This is so annoying. Has anyone else had this problem being outbid in the last few seconds.

tillykins Mon 02-May-05 18:40:51

I'm sure people have some sort of programme that bids in the last few seconds

Better luck next time

poppy101 Mon 02-May-05 18:42:11

I think I will try and sell my odd bumpers and try and buy a pair of identical bumpers instead, have posted a link on here under the wanted add, might have better luck.

BROWNY Mon 02-May-05 18:44:30

Yes, that's happened to me too! I was bidding for a car seat for ds, I was the highest bidder and kept checking it all afternoon, then for the last half an hour I constantly checked I was still the highest bidder and guess what? With only 20 seconds left someone banged in a higher bid, I tried to up my bid but it was too late - I was so mad, it put me in a terrible mood all evening - my brother (Wizkid) said there are programmes out there that bids automatically for items - well, I'm not going to get myself worked up like that again - I bought a car seat in the sale in Mothercare - no p&p there!!

rickman Mon 02-May-05 18:44:50

Message withdrawn

anchovies Mon 02-May-05 18:46:31

That link is cool rickman - thanks!

I always get outbid at the last second and it drives me mad!

BROWNY Mon 02-May-05 18:46:39

Thanks Rickman, that's really handy to have - p.s. very impressed with your speed replying to thread!!

rickman Mon 02-May-05 18:47:41

Message withdrawn

BROWNY Mon 02-May-05 18:50:16

So speed typing is one of your assets as well as being able to do very cool links to websites we've never heard of - I'll be looking for your advice again!!

poppy101 Mon 02-May-05 18:50:55

Have had a look at the link, will mention it my dh and see what he thinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now