Talk

Advanced search

Soupy & anyone into doing design on pc ??????????

(29 Posts)
melsy Sun 01-May-05 15:46:22

Ive tried copying and pasting stuff Im doing on excel into paint , to convert into single jpeg , but when I pasted it into word to may be use as a complete logo it pasted TINY, and also took some of the bordering excel grid lines with it?? am I doing somthing wrong ??

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:00:35

It helps if I read what you said to do DOH !!!! right back to using printscreen button!!!

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:02:25

No, it will take the excel grid lines - it takes an exact copy of what's on screen. You can enlarge it when you've pasted it into where you want to use it (or should be able to!)

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:07:33

ok I have the whole page pasted onto paint, how do I cut away all the stuff I dont want??? Ive used edit bit were you kinda put a box round what u want , what do i use next to just have that left ??

Hope you dont mind me pickin your brains, Im trying to just use the programmes i have , as i need to design someones business logo and need to send it to them somehow.

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:09:15

Just edit and copy. Then you can do "file, new" (no , you don't want to sane the current file) and paste it into the new file.

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:10:00

Sorry, choose edit and then copy (or simply press ctrl and insert keys together. Shift plus insert to copy)

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:14:50

sorry just realised I can get all this from help section on the programme and im driving you mad !!

just saved it toanother paint screen and saved as jpeg and now gonna insert into word to if it works !!!

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:17:32

<<chuckles to self>>

If there's a lot of white space left round your new logo, you might like to resize it using the little black handles on the edge of the white space to pull the borders in tight to your picture.

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:20:04

yes theres a huge translucent border almost as big as word document, doing that seems to shrink it even smaller !!!

may be insert isnt the best option , may be its best to copy and paste straight from it being open on paint ????

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:25:16

That should work too but you can get rid of the border.

It's easy when you know how lol!

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:27:12

If you click on the white bit in Paint, little black squares appear on the edges. You can click on these and drag them in to the edges of your logo.

Something I have to confess I only discovered recently. I used to have some long winded technique of getting rid if the white...

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:28:29

is there a secret initation into the secret wold of image manipulation ??

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:29:22

Yes. You have to volunteer to do NCT posters and the branch magazine. Trust me, you get good damn quickly or you sink

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:29:50

posts crossed

so do I do that before saving as jpeg ?? is it saving the whole page i assume and not just the bit ive chosen??

consultants cheque in post

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:30:00

Have you succeeded yet?

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:31:05

we could porb swap notes , I did my sisters posters and fliers for toddler grp !!

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:32:13

When you've got your logo, and only your logo, on screen, you can save it. If you imagine the white bit is a page, it saves everything on that page, including the blank white bits. By dragging the edges in, you efffectively cut the rest of the page away.

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:37:15

sorry gettting ever more dummer, do I use edit functio to get rid of the space outside logo ??

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:40:05

No. Just click on the white space and little black squares should appear right on the edges of the white space. Just click on them and drag them in.

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:41:03

Its quite fiddley to do , or am I doing something wrong?

I cant seem to get it to the log withought cutting bits off!!! as i can only seem to do it from the corner and not the bottom (ooooeeer misssus)!!.

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:41:32

Alternatively, choose "image" then "attributes" from the menus and muck about with the measurements under "size".

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:42:33

I know it's cruel but pmsl. I've done about 5 whilst reading this thread. It really is so easy when you know how. Like most things

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:43:05

It would also be far easier to show you how it's done rather than trying to describe it

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 16:45:49

What's your email address?

melsy Sun 01-May-05 16:46:41

YYYIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE finally done it using attributes and sizing by cm's !!!

THANKYOU , really really appreciate this , its been driving me round the twist for some time now and means I can do some graphic work , withought a snazzeee programme. You have liberated my graphic work !!! just a tad more convoluted than a proper programme for publishing but hey !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now