Talk

Advanced search

Doing invitations on the computer?????

(14 Posts)
ghosty Sun 01-May-05 09:05:55

First, please forgive me for being hopeless at this sort of thing ...
What I need to do is make an invitation for a 'do' that I can send to people by email ...
I have tried to do something just in 'word' that I can attach but it looks boring ...
Do I need a desktop publishing package to do this? I want it to have a photo on it .... or a picture of some kind ....
Help!

ghosty Sun 01-May-05 09:06:50

PS ... I don't want to have to pay for anything ... it is just a one off ....

AuntyQuated Sun 01-May-05 09:08:09

could you add some clipart....add one of Words borders...they do a party one i think
or theye do backgrounds

if the photo is on your PC you can copy and paste it onto a word document

google search images too

AuntyQuated Sun 01-May-05 09:16:05

word---

click FORMAT/then THEME...select WATERMARK from list then OK

then FORMAT again and BORDERS AND SHADING click on tab PAGE BORDER go to ART at the bottom middle clcik on arrow and choose to give a border...choose nice font in co-ordinating colour and

BINGO

hth

melsy Sun 01-May-05 10:53:31

Powerpoint is quite good for things like this , it normally comes with standard microsoft office package. Ive done all sorts on excel/ word and powerpoint. If you Cat me I'll send you some of mine if u want to see??

To use pictures I normally use the insert/ picture/ from file path and then re size it etc. I also use clip art online. I do all sorts like re paste it into paint to recolour it and then copy and paste it back into excel. Although word allows you to do that more than the other programmes do.

HTH

hunkermunker Sun 01-May-05 10:56:27

You can download free clipart from Microsoft here

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 10:58:34

I tend to create them in MS Publisher and then convert them to a jpg file which is easily sent and pretty much universally readable and means that everyone doesn't need to have the same fonts as you do.

I can send you one of DSs party invitations if you like Send me your info and I'm happy to create one for you. huffahorse at hotmail dot com

melsy Sun 01-May-05 11:10:28

slightly off topic here,question directed at soupy; does the publisher then allow you to join together separate elemants like a text box and a picture etc and combine as One jpeg ?????

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 12:05:09

Kind of, in a roundabout way! I get the page looking how I want it, enlarge the view so it fills the screen, press the "print screen" button on my keyboard, open something like Paint and paste it there. Then you can trim off the bits you don't want, leaving you with your picture that you can save as a jpg.

melsy Sun 01-May-05 12:07:59

ahhhhhhhhh now theres an idea , I do that with some things tooo !!! didnt think to do it like that for this kinda thing !!!! Ta soupy

WOWEEE MN , I learn loads of stuff everyday , its fab!!!!

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 12:23:35

Hehehehe. I use it a lot.

ghosty Sun 01-May-05 20:48:44

Thanks everyone ... you are stars ... sorry I didn't reply straight away (NZ time difference and all that!) ..
Will probably CAT or email one or all of you later this week ...
AuntyQuated ... really helpful with the word stuff ... thanks ...

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 21:50:00

why weren't you up in the middle of the night?? Tut. some people just aren't dedicated enough.

ghosty Mon 02-May-05 00:13:44

Sorry soupy
Will try to be better ... I promise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now