Talk

Advanced search

can ANYONE help me??

(8 Posts)
Evesmama Sat 30-Apr-05 20:46:58

i desperatly need to get back into work as i have been on I.B since 2004 and dont want to 'be like this'.

i need to work from home as we couldnt afford childcare and have no one who could help with Eve unless regulary.

i am thinking about doing people ironing and then hopefully studying to gain qualifications to open my own mums and toddlers group.
the latter i am receiving info for, but the ironing work i am hitting a brick wall

does anyone know how to get started??????

lovingmummy Sat 30-Apr-05 20:48:39

I've seen adverts in the local paper and signs in shop window for ironing services. Good luck.

Evesmama Sat 30-Apr-05 20:49:55

thanks..thought there might be domestic agencies or something, but dont seem to be able to find anything??

angelp Sat 30-Apr-05 20:50:32

Put an advert in local shops or newspaper.My neighbour did this and had so many people interested she couldn't manage it all. Best to start quite local so it is easy to pick up/drop off for your customers. Do a search though because I remember reading about this in some detail a few months ago. Good Luck!!

stitch Sat 30-Apr-05 20:53:14

theres an ironing shop in my local village. but i think if you want to do it from home its the sort of thing that goes by word of mouth.
what about phoenix cards, or virgin vie, or cleaning. you might be able to take your dd along for that.
or childminding?
good luck

Evesmama Sat 30-Apr-05 21:13:07

thanks angelp, found a really good thread..just hope i get a reply

i am considering childminding stitch, but i need an income first and with that, i would have thought i would need many qualifications, so need a job to replace benefits first!

chonky Sat 30-Apr-05 21:16:34

Evesmama, not sure if this is the thread you've found, it's got heaps of info.:

ironing link

Good luck with your new business

Evesmama Sat 30-Apr-05 21:20:51

it is chonky, but thankyou very much for helping

oooh..new business!!...all nervous now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now