Talk

Advanced search

midwife or any1 can u tell me if this is normal

(7 Posts)
starshaker Wed 27-Apr-05 22:27:42

ive just had my baby 5 days ago and have just passed a large clot. i felt it come out and checked pad but there was nothing then i fell into toilet. it was about the size of the bottom of an avent bottle. dont know whether to be worried or if this is normal. gonna go for a bath and will check back in a wee bit any advice would be great just a wee bit worried. thanx in advance

MarsLady Wed 27-Apr-05 22:29:31

I had one of those with DS1, I was so worried, but apparently it was just one of those things. hth

sallystrawberry Wed 27-Apr-05 22:30:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pixiefish Wed 27-Apr-05 22:31:31

starshaker- from waht i rmemeber my mw warned me about these- that they are perfectly normal.

starshaker Wed 27-Apr-05 22:47:25

ill see the midwife tomorrow morning so might just wait till i see her as she did say if it was bigger than a 50p to keep it. unfortunately i couldnt as it landed in the loo

Fran1 Wed 27-Apr-05 22:48:13

I was told the same as sally, anything bigger then 50pence piece you should get checked out. I think this is incase your body didn't discard all of placenta etc.

Go get advice asap then if there is a prob it can be resolved quickly rather than worrying about it and letting it turn into anything more serious.

Congratulations on the birth, and i hope it turns out ok for you xx

irishbird Wed 27-Apr-05 22:50:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: