Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car Radio - technical problem HELP!!!!!!!!

(10 Posts)
Bugsy2 Wed 27-Apr-05 15:23:46

Someone out there must know what to do about this. I had the battery changed on my car and the supply was cut to my radio, which means that I have to input a code. I drive a second-hand car and have no code to input. I've been through the manual and tried putting in the original manufacturers code - but that doesn't work.
Help, please help. Driving without music to drown out the sound of my children is bad for my health.

elsmommy Wed 27-Apr-05 15:29:49

Oh dear, you have to take it to a dealership and buy a code. My dad had to do it with his astra, think it cost £21, he went mad!!

Bugsy2 Wed 27-Apr-05 15:41:08

When you say a dealership elsmommy, do you mean the same make as my car?

elsmommy Wed 27-Apr-05 17:02:10

Yeah - Ford / BMW etc...

QueenEagle Wed 27-Apr-05 17:13:55

You'll all hate me I know but i'm gonna hijack this thread anyway

My car cd/radio has a cd stuck inside it and can't get it to eject. Has been temperamental for dome time, this has happened before. This time however, we've been trying for weeks but it's still stuck - help!

I can hear you all whispering behind my back ya know...

QueenEagle Wed 27-Apr-05 17:52:04

Ok ok I get the message - STOP HIJACKING THREADS!

StuartC Wed 27-Apr-05 18:17:18

Bugsy2 - assuming it's a factory fitted radio - the code is usually on a piece of card supplied with the manual - it's not in the manual itself. Did you definitely not get the card when you got the car? If you have to go to the dealer, the staff will want to know the vehicle identification code number which nowadays is on top of the dashpad. You can only see it from outside the car looking at the windscreen bottom corner (usually on the passenger side). From that vehicle code number the dealer should be able to trace the radio code - provided nobody has altered it since manufacture. (If it's an older car, the number is also stamped on the floor of the car under a flap in the carpet between the driver's seat and the outer sill.)

QueenEagle - try speaking to the dealer first, but I think the yellow pages - Car Audio & Entertainment Systems - is your best option. I can't see any way of you being able to fix this yourself. Was it a pirate CD? Many pirates have stuck-on labels which can peel off inside the player and trap the CD (original CDs are printed).

hub2dee Wed 27-Apr-05 18:43:02

QueenE: if you look really carefully at the front of your system you might see a pin hole which releases an 'emergency eject' thingamybob allowing recovery of CD. Do not, of course, confuse this with the 'emergency eject' button by your passenger seat, and be careful with the pin.

QueenEagle Wed 27-Apr-05 23:15:50

LOL @ Hub2Dee - I will have a close look in the morning and be very careful with any unfamiliar looking buttons!

StuartC - no not a pirate cd but one of those rubbishy free ones with the weekend paper - I should've known better really.

I guess there's nothing for it but to get the pros in...thanks for the advice anyway guys!

hub2dee Thu 28-Apr-05 10:27:24

Oh dear... I think she pressed the wrong button.

What's that black dot I can just make out in the sky ?

Is it a bird ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now