Talk

Advanced search

HELP WITH IRONING?

(7 Posts)
HAPPYFACE Wed 27-Apr-05 14:30:33

I KNOW THIS IS BORING AND USUALLY ALL I DO IS READ ON MUMSNET BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS ON IRONING PLEATS IN, MY DD HAS A LOVELY PAIR OF PLEATED CULOTTES AND HAS ONLY WORN THEM ONCE BECASE SINCE I'VE WASHED THEM I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO IRON THE PLEATS IN SO THEY HAVE STAYED IN THE WASHING BASKET!!

almostanangel Wed 27-Apr-05 14:31:47

arghhhhhhhhhh my daughter has a ra ra skirt i hate ironong that ,,,ooh sorry no help here lol

HAPPYFACE Wed 27-Apr-05 14:37:17

I HATE IRONING ANYWAY AND DID SAY I'D NEVER BUY HER ANYMORE THINGS WITH PLEATS BUT HUBBY GOT THESE THROUGH FRENCH CATALOGUE IN INTERNET WITHOUT ME LOOKING. I ALSO HATE THOSE COMBAT THINGS HUBBY HAS SHORTS ALL THE POCKETS THAT NEED IRONING DOWN ETC TOLD HIM NO MORE TO BE BROUGHT! ANY IDEAS ON MAKING THE COMBAT THINGS EASIER TO IRON TOO?

Iklboo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:45:11

Once upon a time, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...(when I was a little girl in other words) my nana had a fixation with me in pleated skirts (yuk)..when she got the skirt out of the washer, she kind of sorted the pleats into shape by hand and then fastened each one at the bottom with a clothes peg then hung it up to dry. Once dry, the pleats were nearly always pretty much "set" and she just had to quickly run down each one with the iron, take the pegs off and they were all there!

HAPPYFACE Wed 27-Apr-05 14:49:56

GOOD IDEA, BUT TUMBLE DRY PRATICALLY EVERYTING IN THIS HOUSE, WILL TRY THAT THOUGH IF I REMEMBER TO GET THE SKIRT OUT BEFORE HUSBAND SETS DRYER, MY MUM SAID TRY FASTENING WITH SAFETY PINS BUT SOUNDED TOO DIFFICULT! WILL NOW WASH SKIRT AGAIN AND TRY TO ORGANISE PLEATS WET. CHEERS. ANY OTHER IDEAS STILL GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED THOUGH.

iota Wed 27-Apr-05 14:55:30

don't spin it and let it drip dry on the line - if you machine wash it soak it in water and realign the pleats the hang on the line (used to have school uniform with pleated skirt)

HAPPYFACE Wed 27-Apr-05 15:09:15

cheers anything got to worth a try or they'll never get worn again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now