Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car boot sale virgin!!

(7 Posts)
Mum2Ela Mon 25-Apr-05 19:35:26

Am selling at a car boot sale on sat. Never done it before - excited!

Getting rid of lots of DD and DS's baby clothes and also bits and pieces I can get out of the attic without actually going up there and facing the spiders!

Anyone got any tips?

Hoe much do I price things up for? Displaying items - rail and decorators table ok?

x

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 19:36:20

Message withdrawn

Mum2Ela Mon 25-Apr-05 19:37:51

I searched on car boot sale and nothing came up. Did I spell it wrong I wonder?!

SPARKLER1 Mon 25-Apr-05 19:38:39

Take lots of change and a small bag (ie bumbag) to keep the money with you at all times. Get there early with plenty of time to set yourself up - people tend to hover when you are not ready otherwise.
I have only done it once but made £75 which I was really pleased with.

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 19:40:22

Message withdrawn

marne Mon 25-Apr-05 19:46:46

Take lots of change, food, drink and water proofs.
Get there as early as possible and be ready for people jumping into your boot to try and get an early bargin. Price your item before you go but be prepared to drop them if no one shows any intrest.

feelingold Mon 25-Apr-05 20:59:07

Our local car boot sale gates open at 7am for sellers and 7.30 for buyers but they are still trying to buy off you before you have even got your boot open.
You need 2 of you cos it can get busy and i always price goods before i go (whatever price you put on goods they always offer less so take this into consideration when pricing).
I find clothes sell better on a rail and i always put the price sticker and size of garment on the hanger or most of it ends up on the floor while they are looking for the size.
Take supermarket carrier bags as well cos some people expect their purchases in a bag.
I always take the wallpapering table to put stuff on as well and either a blanket or some cardboard to put on the floor to put the stuff on that won't fit on the table.
I think thats it. We do a car boot once a year usually just before we go on holiday to get some spending money for the kids and we usually make about £120 so good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now