Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Five children and Enid

(35 Posts)
Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 15:35:33

I have three extra children here for tea - 2 friends of dd1's and a little brother.

They are all driving me mad already - the 3 older ones just want to watch tv and dd2 and the 3 year old seem to hate each other - he has already pushed her over and hit her over the head with a book.

One of the 'older' guests (hes only 5!) has just informed that mash is horrible and he will spit it out if i give him some

one of them keeps hanging round me asking me to watch his magic tricks and telling me about whales.

helllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp

coldtea Mon 25-Apr-05 15:41:09

Enid i sympathise! Give him the mash, then gag him!

I'm sitting here with only 2 extra friends from school(all 5 this summer). They've been home 15 mins & already locked dd(21 months) out of both her room & ds's. They've argued about what game to play Ds is telling them it's his house & they have to play what he wants to(he is usually very nice!). Now they are argueing over which video to watch.

Good luck!

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 15:43:10

I could just leave them all watching tv but one of the mums is very anti-tv (she doesnt have one and of course all her sons want to do is watch tv when they come round ) so I feel a bit guilty.

younger two doing colouring and fighting over the pens.

joy.

motherinferior Mon 25-Apr-05 15:43:20

Put the telly on. Wretched children.

Vile boys, vile vile vile. I would come round and biff them (in manner totally against my principles) if it took me less than 7 hours.

motherinferior Mon 25-Apr-05 15:43:52

Films don't count as telly, bung a dvd on.

coldtea Mon 25-Apr-05 15:46:13

Yes, i'm with motherinferior

Sod the mother, they're in your house not hers!

motherinferior Mon 25-Apr-05 15:47:48

Honestly, you need to write this whole experience off, it's too awful to try and improve.

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 15:49:29

well they are now watching Matilda - so its almost literary.

I have 7 builders upstairs wanting tea too.

One of the kids that has come round has a vintage champagne tin instead of a lunchbox . Shall I stamp on it?

motherinferior Mon 25-Apr-05 15:52:26

Can you get the builders to tread on it?

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 15:53:53

lol

why would you do that to a child? why can't he have spiderman like everyone else?

am truly shocked. its filthy and rusty inside, I've peeked.

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 15:55:19

Message withdrawn

Marina Mon 25-Apr-05 15:55:55

why not inflate yourself up to a huge size and grant one of them a wish? Are your eyes sticking out of your head on stalks yet Enid? And there was I thinking that dealing with a mad ex-student who has decided my team are spying on him was a bad way to spend an afternoon

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 15:58:22

magic one is the one with the moet tin as a lunchbox. Also calls dad: 'papa' and is not European.

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 16:20:31

ok.

apparently he has a friend who stays with him all the time - his magic.

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Apr-05 16:38:13

Oh yuk! Esp at having to listen to stuff about whales. all very well if you don't want to go on mumsnet but if you do, well, it's unbearable Ds has a friend who doesn't have a tv and he is mesmerised if it's ever on when he's here (we're talking cbeebies, so baby progs, not even his age). ha ha at the vintage champers box, hilarious. Tell them you have powers if it all gets too much. They'll believe you if they're watching Matilda.

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 16:44:46

Message withdrawn

lou33 Mon 25-Apr-05 16:53:13

if the mum was that particular about them not watching tv , then she would either say to you about it, or not let them come round. I am of the opinion that when my kids are at someone elses house they have to fit in with those rules.

JanH Mon 25-Apr-05 16:55:11

IME all children who have no TV are obsessed with it and you are relieving some of that pressure by letting them watch.

You could send them upstairs to watch the builders? That would be educational.

JanH Mon 25-Apr-05 16:55:44

I bet the builders would be delighted to be told about whales.

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 16:55:59

Message withdrawn

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 17:01:07

lol bruno - its not far off

vintagechampagnelunchboxmum Mon 25-Apr-05 17:04:38

hey, enid, why are you posting on mn instead of entertaining my children? they're not - gasp! - watching tv are they!!!!

Enid Mon 25-Apr-05 17:10:08

oh god.

well can I take this opportunity to say : Buy him a spiderman lunchbox Plllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

anyway, they are running around outside now and your son threw a handful of jelly at my kitchen windows so he is in big trouble.

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Apr-05 17:10:52

Oh yes, chucking them in the garden was definitely the way to go.

lou33 Mon 25-Apr-05 17:11:18

is he allowed to behave like that at his house?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now