Talk

Advanced search

BLIMEY!!!

(15 Posts)
almostanangel Mon 25-Apr-05 14:07:04

ok so im sitting here in the quiet, window of kitchen slightly open....tap tap tap theres a bird sitting on the window tapping on the glass..!

throckenholt Mon 25-Apr-05 14:16:28

my DH was telling me about his office mate who can't work at home at the moment because a pair of ducks keep banging the catflap asking for food .

So you are not alone !

SPARKLER1 Mon 25-Apr-05 14:17:46

Ah! We've got a little Robin whose always hanging around in out back garden. He's been there since November. I love to watch him.

almostanangel Mon 25-Apr-05 14:18:44

lol im turning into snow not so bloody white lol

almostanangel Mon 25-Apr-05 14:19:08

with a song in my heart la da de da da da de de

colditz Mon 25-Apr-05 14:20:21

"...Quoth the rave, "nevermore!"

almostanangel Mon 25-Apr-05 14:21:22

excuse me?

Chandra Mon 25-Apr-05 14:24:21

A friend once told me that a little falcon had crashed against his window while trying to catch a canary he had just left free in his living room.

almostanangel Mon 25-Apr-05 14:26:12

it hadnt hit the window it was tapping on it on purpose

Chandra Mon 25-Apr-05 14:32:38

yes I understood, obviuosly, falcons dont tap windows, but I found the story a bit weird.

almostanangel Mon 25-Apr-05 14:35:39

oh think having a falcon tapping on the window would have finished me off sure there is all sorts of old wives tales etc re birds and windows.

Cam Tue 26-Apr-05 13:56:43

I had a bird crash into my closed French window smashing the pane and dropping instantly dead to the ground. It sounded like a gunshot when it happened - that frightened me I can tell you, thought someone had taken out a contract on me

Currently a woodpecker has taken up residence in my garden and wakes me at the crack of dawn every morning with its extremely annoying tree tapping. had one a few years ago which I managed to frighten off but this one won't budge. Think its got a nest.

Fio2 Tue 26-Apr-05 14:04:29

my mum went to draw the curtains once and a BAT flew out and landed on her chest!

original leaded windows usually attract alot of little birds and tits that sit on them pecking

moschops Tue 26-Apr-05 14:08:34

my MIL has two breeding pairs of ducks who return every year and sit at the patio doors/follow her round the garden waiting for her to feed them. she also has two robins and lots of 'tits' of various kinds.

the latest edition is a breeding pair of pheasants..........noisy beggars and the male keeps trying to get in the house.

they live in the middle of the countryside and i love just sitting in the garden and watching it all

almostanangel Tue 26-Apr-05 14:37:40

update!! a mum at the dd s school said [cos her dh is a bird spotter] that it is breeding season and it prob saw its reflection and thought it was competition for the ladie birds ,,so i wont clean my window lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now