Talk

Advanced search

Amazon argument

(5 Posts)
Lonelymum Mon 25-Apr-05 13:55:55

I bought some thing second hand from amazon and was asked to leave feedback. I thought the item was over priced and was particularly annoyed to find I was charged £2.75 for P+P when the stamp actually only cost less than 50p and the packaging was an ordinary envelope. Accordingly I said in my feedback that the service was prompt but the item was rather expensive. Now I have had a complaining email from the seller, bemoaning the fact that I gave her bad feedback. I am quite new to buying and selling over the internet. Have I done something wrong? Is it customary to only give good feedback? I didn't like to receive the email from the seller as I feel she may hound me, but I guess that is one of the hazards of buying over the internet.

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 13:57:11

Message withdrawn

Gwenick Mon 25-Apr-05 13:57:36

Lonely - on Amazon the postage and packing fee is what AMAZON charge you - the seller gets a certain amount from Amazon to go towards postage and packing but it's NOT the seller that's charging you that much for the p&p.

Lonelymum Mon 25-Apr-05 14:01:51

Well I do Cod but probably won't any more!

Gwenick, oh dear, is that the case? Well, that explains it then. I repliedtelling her I thought it a bit rich to charge me so much for P+P and she will probably write back putting me straight. Oh God. Anyway, £5 for a tatty old children's book is still too much IMO.

Gwenick Mon 25-Apr-05 14:07:08

Yep afraid so - I recently sold a book on Amazon for 50p - but they were charged the same amount as you were for P&P/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now