Talk

Advanced search

running

(6 Posts)
hatsoff Sun 24-Apr-05 21:10:56

anyone know a good website (or otehr source) where I can find training programmes? Have decided it's time I committed myself to something, in order to get more motivated. I've found an 8 mile run in october to enter, which is quite a moderate commitment and gives me plenty of time, but I need a programme in order to get me out tehre more than the once a week I currently manage)

Furball Sun 24-Apr-05 21:39:21

No experience as such, though I do run 2 or 3 two mile runs a week. But This might of some interest.

Are you starting from scratch? There is also a runners thread Here Probably be alot more interest.

hatsoff Sun 24-Apr-05 22:02:52

thanks furball. the bupa one is good actually - as it's only 3 days a week. Others I've seen are 5 days, which is a bit scarey!

mancmum Sun 24-Apr-05 22:10:04

look on the running world web site -- that is quite good

celtic66 Mon 09-May-05 14:48:40

I am about to commit to an 8 mile run in Autum and have been following a training programme and gradual progression ( 3 runs a week)and feeling really motivated at the moment!!

I have been doing this for 3 weeks But- my legs ache at the front, and are still sore the following day. I always make sure i do a good warm up - strech - cool down. I have also had my running shoes checked out.I

know it take time for legs to adjust to running on all kinds of surfaces - any advice.

Leogaela Wed 18-May-05 21:40:44

Celtic - I find it really difficult to stretch that part of the leg well. Try massaging it and try taking magnesium supplement. good luck and stay motivated :

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now