Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Desperate plea - lost bear from tescos. Can anyone help???

(23 Posts)
Pollyanna Sun 24-Apr-05 19:16:57

This is a bit of a longshot - we came back from holiday today and have discovered that my daughter's beloved bear is lost. She uses it to go to sleep. Does anyone have a soft brown bear from tescos that they don't use/need???- it is about 2 years old, with a sort of tartan ribbon around its neck?

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 24-Apr-05 19:17:55

Pollyanna, if no one on here has one - try ebay.

hewlettsdaughter Sun 24-Apr-05 19:34:22

Oh hi Pollyanna - it's you! Can't help I'm afraid but BUMP!

Meggymoo Sun 24-Apr-05 20:30:01

Message withdrawn

kid Sun 24-Apr-05 20:38:16

like this?

there is another one on Ebay with a ribbon on but its white or very light.

tiffini Sun 24-Apr-05 20:46:42

i have one!!!!
i dont think it is a tesco one but he is about 12 inches high, with a green and red tartan bow tie, and silk embroidred on gis bottom paws with the words, MY on one paw and TEDDY on the other,
it also has the british standard mark.

Pollyanna Sun 24-Apr-05 20:56:00

It's not on Ebay (thanks for looking though). Tiffini, our teddy didn't have any embroidery on its paws, but what is yours like? I don't think the teddy has to look exactly the same as the one dd2 has lost, but the fabric is really important as she kind of rubs it against her mouth to get to sleep.

It could be anywhere between here and France as we don't remember seeing it all day. I'm kicking myself for losing it as it would have been better to lose anything other than that (except the children really )

Hi HD!

tiffini Sun 24-Apr-05 21:01:44

he is soft and furry

Pollyanna Mon 25-Apr-05 08:13:47

Anyone? We haven't had a very good night

BubblesDeVere Mon 25-Apr-05 09:23:45

Bump

lunavix Mon 25-Apr-05 09:31:38

this one perhaps?

lunavix Mon 25-Apr-05 09:34:12

or this one?

lunavix Mon 25-Apr-05 09:36:55

also this one or this one

Pollyanna Mon 25-Apr-05 10:42:41

he looks very similar to this brown bear but he does have a ribbon and a tesco tag

Pollyanna Mon 25-Apr-05 12:32:36

bump

beanieiu Mon 25-Apr-05 15:26:59

it sounds like my dd has one,but there is no chance i could get Fred the ted away from her,as she takes it to bed,but my cousin only brought it her when my dd2 was born 8 weeks ago,so i will pop to tesco later and have a look for you.

hewlettsdaughter Mon 25-Apr-05 16:06:25

BUMP!

Pollyanna Mon 25-Apr-05 16:28:46

ooh thanks beanieiu - fingers crossed Tesco still has them. I don't have a tesco near me and my mil who bought Bear originally is on a cruise for a couple of weeks.

Pollyanna Tue 26-Apr-05 11:02:51

I don't think Tesco does them anymore - and lost property at Gatwick has drawn a blank too. Does anyone have a bear they bought from tesco about 2 years ago which is brown and not fluffy?? (another bad night last night - how much longer will she be miserable about losing Bear?

bubblerock Tue 26-Apr-05 11:42:35

What a nightmare for you! I know you said there are none on Ebay but did you check completed listings as there may have been one on recently that did not sell and you could contact the seller. Unfortunately you can't search item descriptions with completed items so it means a lot of searching through teddies & bears as most people wouldn't put Tesco in the title as it's not a selling point.

Had a little look for you but not exactly sure what it looks like:

have a look at this one

I do think Ebay is your best bet though so good luck!!

CathB2 Tue 26-Apr-05 13:53:27

You have probably thought of these already but some ideas.
Even though Tesco have discontinued it, the manufacturers may do a similar design for someone else, could Tesco head office put you in touch with them?
Alternatively there are loads of Teddy bear collector sites, not sure whether Tesco bears would be collectible but you never know.
FWIW things get lost down the back of the bed/cot in our house. Can you get in touch with where you stayed as it may have turned up when they cleaned the place. In my experience, people are very helpful about this sort of thing (we once had a buggy raincover posted back from centerparcs..)
Good luck

Fimbo Tue 26-Apr-05 13:55:29

Or try the "wanted" section on Ebay.

beanieiu Wed 27-Apr-05 19:26:36

sorrrrry!!!! no luck i'm afraid,i;'ve tried two tesco's near me but nothing.have you tried giving your daughter a different teddy?

good luck anyway x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now