Talk

Advanced search

Car dented by garage

(12 Posts)
yoyo Fri 22-Apr-05 10:00:45

Our car has been in the garage (again) and DH collected it yesterday morning. He drove it home happy that, at last, it wasn't making a strange noise anymore. He parked it in the drive and that was that.
I went to drive it last night and noticed that the boot had been dented. It definitely wasn't there before it went in to the garage. I have rung them and am awaiting a phone call.

I know that it is unlikely that they will accept liability especially as it wasn't spotted before DH drove off. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and if so how far did you take it with the garage?

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 10:08:09

i work for the motor claims depts and i come across this quite often... did you check your car with the manager to check there are no bumps etc on your car? if no then youre gonna have to speak to the manager and really stand up to them as they may try and fob you off or they may admit it...
dont speak to anyone.. only to the manager - let me know how you get on?

oops Fri 22-Apr-05 10:10:01

Message withdrawn

yoyo Fri 22-Apr-05 10:12:01

Biglips - No, unfortunately. For some reason this garage (car under warranty so dealership) don't do the all over check before doing work. With hindsight we should have insisted but we have had so many problems with it and it has been in countless times so we just left it in good faith.

I will let you know how we get on.

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 10:13:27

i meant did you check with the manager for any bumps etc before you left your car with them

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 10:14:38

yeah - dont be nasty but just be firm with the manager, if he is not in today and will be in monday, ring back monday - not many garages will ring you back

yoyo Fri 22-Apr-05 10:18:09

Biglips - no we didn't (how stupid eh?). Drop the keys at service desk, paperwork for courtesy car and that was that.

I will try not to get angry but will be so difficult as this car has been a problem since we bought it. Firm but polite will be my mantra.

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 10:25:52

unfortunately people intend to leave their cars in good faith with the garage, as my uncle got a Saab and he took it to his local garage where he had used them for years and when he went to collect it, there was a massive scrap along the side of car , uncle took ages to tell the manager that that scrap wasnt there before it went in (he didnt check it with garage either) and eventually they admitted it

yoyo Fri 22-Apr-05 11:18:30

Biglips - the Manager just rang and has asked us to take car in for him to look a it. Still do not have much hope but maybe they will take pity on us (they have seen us a number of times now!).

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 11:20:38

worth a try, are you going in on your own? can you take your DP/DH or male friend with you?.. but if you can do it on your own then thats fine... GIRL POWER !!! hee hee hee!!!!

yoyo Fri 22-Apr-05 11:23:58

Will the screaming toddler be a help or a hindrance?!

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 11:25:47

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm........... no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now