Talk

Advanced search

Had anyone tried the Ovulation pridictor kits ?

(12 Posts)
biglips Thu 21-Apr-05 20:26:14

as just wondering if it works, as i like to have a DS for my next baby as ive got a adorable DD

Hulababy Thu 21-Apr-05 20:40:53

No idea if they work, as still TTC. I have been TTC for nearly 8 months now, and using the OPKs past two months (and this month two but too early to know of helped).

They do seem to work in that they detect when OV is about to occur. I have used them whilst temping and monitoring CM, and they do all point to the same time.

Not sure how well theycan help you with havoing a boy though. I suppose you wait til you get a positive OPK result, and then try a day or two later.

NannyJo Thu 21-Apr-05 21:00:14

they worked a treat to get me pregnant but how does it help to get a boy???

biglips Thu 21-Apr-05 21:34:25

what i meant was that if you want a boy - you have unprotected sex on the day of ovulation, male sperm swim faster and reach to the egg first (you best need the kit to see when its ovulation day is), and girl - a few days before ovulation as female sperm is stronger and last longer than male, who will die off...

expatinscotland Thu 21-Apr-05 21:35:27

They worked for me to get pregnant, but I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl.

Mud Thu 21-Apr-05 21:36:21

OPKs tell you you're due to ovulate in next 24 hours so would be no good for telling when you are 3 days ahead of ovulation

the male / female sperm is not conclusive, might slightly adjust the odds but its still odds

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Apr-05 21:51:31

Hi I used clearblue ovuation kit [digital one] for first time last month and am now 6wks pregnant. 6 people who i know used them got pregnant in the first month.

biglips Thu 21-Apr-05 22:58:41

bump

biglips Fri 22-Apr-05 10:05:06

bump

ChocolateGirl Fri 22-Apr-05 20:20:01

I used Persona but got so used to it when I was trying not to conceive that by the time I got to ttc I could predict when I was ovulating without using it! I have two ds's and one dd and think there is definitely something in your theory!

Best of luck!

virago Sat 23-Apr-05 09:17:37

Wow Nemo!and congratulations, I'm going into town to buy one NOW!!

Nemo1977 Sat 23-Apr-05 09:37:02

virago..thtas exactly what i thought when everyone else around me was getting pregnant using them...lol and voila!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: