30 years old only allowed to complete this(39 Posts)
what have you achieved by the time you turned 30? and what have you regretted not done by 30?
1) driving licence
2) A level - computer course
3) having a baba
4) girls holiday
5) holiday with DP
6) own house and car
7) good job
8) done level 1 in BSL now doing level 2 in BSL
10) qualified interior decorater
i think thats it
1) travelling around the world
2) getting to know my dad properly (parents divorced 10 yrs ago and Dad had bother with me or my brother)
Cool - an exclusive thread I can post on!
1) Gorgeous little boy (5 and a half months)
2) Good job with a decent salary
3) own flat (with DP)
4) Postgrad degree in IT
5) Lovely DP
1) Still can't drive..
2) Still hopeless with money
Blimey biglips you've done a lot better than me
. i write a list every new year and aim for them (well i try) but yours still good though
1) lived in Hong Kong for a year
2) trained Nursery Nurse, Maternity Nurse, Tefl teacher
3) Lived and studied in Barcelona
4) travelled round Spain for 4 weeks with dp in a campervan
5) own flat and car
6) girly holidays
8) driving license
9) Holiday this year with dp minus baby
1) travelling around the world
2) something completely wacky (like parachute jump)
3) dream house
Yeah I am exactly 30 too!
1) Lovely scrummy 2 year old daughter + 1 on the way
2) fantastic intelligent sexy DP
3) Career: worked in dot.coms, quangos, government agencies, IT companies; now a web designer
5) Holidayed: Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, Egypt, India, The Gambia, Canary Islands
6) Own house and car
7) Get on well with siblings and get on better with parents than did 10 years ago
8) Get on well with ex-husband!
9) Have really really short hair
My biggest achievement really is that 11 years ago I had a total mental breakdown and needed a lot of psychiatric care and was drugged up to my eyeballs on medication with all my hair falling out and unable to eat - I never thought there was a life worth surviving suicide for. I spent two years with a fantastic psychotherapist who I really see as the person who 'saved' me. Now every day feels like an amazing miracle that I never thought I'd see and really don't deserve. Just getting out of bed, having a shower, going to work, being responsible for myself and a family - I'm so grateful for being 'normal'.
1) Slept with too many dreadful men, would like to scribble a few choice names out of my list... ;)
Morningpaper that's brilliant, absolutely amazing.
In that pirit I would like to add - recovering from PND (not all the way there..but getting there).
Your Regrets - well I wouldn't mind having slept with a few more unsuitable men .. even so I have managed one or two who were awful!
I'll be 30 in September - can I fill it in?
I am 30 how did that happen and have just over a month to post on this thread.
2) professional qualification
3) driving licence
4) own flat (no garden)
5) beautiful DD
6) some nice holidays
7) a job that pays enough for me to live OK and buy a pair of boden shoes for DD this month
Still to achieve
1) a relationship with a man that lasts and is enjoyable and you respect each other
2) to see ex p and not be overcome with utter loathing and a bit of self hate about how i let him into my life
3) a garden for DD to play in cos she deserves that (please someone buy my house)
4) travelling round the world
5) a lottery win
6) a sibling for DD I don't want her to be an only child but i honestly don't believe I will ever meet a man I can trust / like again...perhaps after the lottery win I can get a sperm donor
Blimey now I'm feling like a complet e underacheiver!
1) Met man of my dreams
2) Had daughter of my dreams
3) Have brilliant friends
4) Travelled the world
5) Worked as Holiday rep (childhood ambition)
6) Degree & professional qualification
1) To have 10k in bank for emergencies
2) Buy a house
3) Decorate a house the way I like it & decorate with beautiful furniture
4) Have a dog
5) Learnt to cook
hello fellow 30s.
I have acheived: 2 kids, marriage, business (god, i never thought I would have "acheived" that!), good degree, several professional careers, near fuency in another language.
not acheived: owning own house, masters/phd (wanted to be an academic), superwoman status (what is the trick to having 2 kids AND a clean house?) Not 100% bothered about the last one.
not travelled that much either but do live in Spain.
i know im meanie but its 5 months away - soz Piccadilly.. i wants people who are 30 now, come on girls and boys.. more more
Have had 2 marriages, this one obviously more successful than the last.
Have had 5 kids, beautiful they are too!
Have been self-employed earning mega bucks.
Was accepted as a copper after years of wondering whether being arrested for a minor offence as a teenager would prevent it, then fell pregnant just after being accepted.
Own a brand new car outright.
So far can't think of any serious regrets...but will let you know.
Bought flat when I was 19.
Travelled from Cairo to Kathmandu overland
Got good job in good company
Enjoyed my mid 20's - partied hard!
Gave up climbing before climbing anything significant
Never learned to sail (yachts)
Didn't make a million by the time I was 25!
Emotional issues in early 20's - partied too hard!
Wish I had started with the kids earlier.
Travelled overland from Ramsgate to South Africa
Damn good jazz dancer
Too many things started and not finished
Never learnt to flirt
Too many no hopers
Career (when I want to go back to it)
One year old ds
Easy going (on the whole) extended family
Have driving licence but don't drive
Don't have many 'mummy' friends in local area
Unhappy being size 14 when used to be 10/12
I am still 30 in my mind
Been to uni and got BEng and MSc
Built an effluent treatment plant
Walked 3 peaks and Swaledale Marathon
learned to Scuba dive
travelled on my own to Australia
30th birthday party on yacht off Great barrier reef
Worked in Italy,Spain, Malaysia, Germany
Visited S E Asia
Did not do till after 30:
meet and marry DH
put on weight.
Still to do:
buy mum and dad a holiday villa.
OMG lockets, I thought I was a whizened old hag next to you - but I'm only a few months older than you. Do you know the secret of eternal youth? Can you share it with me?
I'm 30 - until Monday!
Having a baba (4 and half months old)
Getting married to lovely DH
Music college diploma & professional clarinet playing
Switched career successfully to IT (even though I want to switch to something else now)
Great friends and family
Didn't finish MSc
Should have played the field a bit more....
Did have own car but wrote it off a few weeks ago!
All the debts I have...
Haven't got the courage together to leave London...yet
That's it. Not very thrilling!
I'm eligible to post on this thread, but I'm not going to because it's too bloody depressing...
1) 2 beautiful and very well rounded children
2) a 7 year marriage
3) spending every day bringing up our children, with all the fun that goes with it
4) taking time off work to do this
5) a degree
6) own car
7) loving what I did each and every day
8) learnt 2 languages by teach yourself virtually
9) found something I love doing...shagging woops sorry I meant playing all sorts on the old joanna
10)spending time with my dad before he pegged out and geeting to know the real him
11) having a cat
12) knowing would never be high flyer(nice feeling that)
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.