Talk

Advanced search

Piriton... How do you react??

(12 Posts)
flamesparrow Thu 21-Apr-05 08:52:41

I took some piriton yesterday afternoon for hayfever, and most people tell me it makes them drowsy....

I went hyper .

Has anyone else reacted like that? Should I keep taking it or is it a bad reaction to have d'ya think (the extra energy is an incentive to carry on )

bobbybob Thu 21-Apr-05 08:54:58

It can work both ways. Might me best to try something else. Did it get rid of the hayfever?

flamesparrow Thu 21-Apr-05 09:01:14

Yup

bobbybob Thu 21-Apr-05 22:12:45

Oh well, it depends how hyper was. In a child obviously not a good idea, but if you got loads done and could still sleep that night - felt better in the morning - what's the harm!

misdee Thu 21-Apr-05 22:25:27

it can have the opposite effect on some people. makes my kids sleepy, but have known it to keep others awake.

juicychops Thu 21-Apr-05 22:28:43

Last year i had an allergic reaction to some tablets i was taking... apparently i am alergic to penicilin. every inch of my body turned sunburnt purple for a week.had a high temperature and couldn't get out of bed. Taking piriton definately made the purpleness go down!

hub2dee Thu 21-Apr-05 22:43:34

I took one a few years ago and never again. SUPER sleepy. SUPER mellow. V. relaxed and needed to sleep very soon afterwards.

Fool. I should take them more often.

flamesparrow Fri 22-Apr-05 09:22:46

I decided to check it was the piriton that did it....

Won't be taking them again... as well as hyper, I started shaking all over

SoupDragon Fri 22-Apr-05 09:29:58

Sends me straight to sleep!

colditz Fri 22-Apr-05 09:59:34

It makes me slur, and I feel drunk, so I don't take it!

Toothache Fri 22-Apr-05 10:14:57

Flamesparrow - Makes me drowsy, but the Doctor told me that it sometimes makes kids Hyper!

flamesparrow Fri 22-Apr-05 10:27:33

Must be my inner child

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now