Talk

Advanced search

Anybody miss me while my computer was up the spout?

(38 Posts)
princesspeahead Wed 20-Apr-05 21:05:59

Anybody? Just a little bit? Oh well, never mind.

Anyway after about a FIVE WEEK enforced absence from the Net (surely a record) I now have a NEW laptop, and a new, super-fast, WIRELESS broadband connection! Hurrah!

So tell me.... did I miss anything?

iota Wed 20-Apr-05 21:07:10

I wondered where you were, what with you now being SAHM an' all

jampots Wed 20-Apr-05 21:07:23

is this your first post???

zebraX Wed 20-Apr-05 21:09:49

Been a spate of trollish/provocative posts... lots of babies born to old-hands, too.

princesspeahead Wed 20-Apr-05 21:13:20

Yup, my first post, thought I'd say hello again before jumping straight in. Also don't know how to begin to catchu p - I suppose the birth announcements and the new pregnancies threads are the places to start.

Hope you all posted on my sister's announcement thread - she has very kindly provided me with the SWEETEST niece! Ahhhhhh.....

So - thread links for anything I should be reading please?!

Toothache Wed 20-Apr-05 21:17:00

Wahey PPH!! Welcome back. I thought you'd changd your posting name!

5 weeks???? Bloody hell... are you okay?

motherinferior Wed 20-Apr-05 21:17:59

Oh THAT'S where you've been! Thought you'd found, you know, a life. So relieved you haven't, makes me feel much better.

gingerbear Wed 20-Apr-05 21:19:06

thought you were in the Carribean sipping cocktails!

Toothache Wed 20-Apr-05 21:25:04

PMSL Motherinferior.... GOd forbid any of us find a life outside Mumsnet.... sheesh that's Blasphemy!!

bran Wed 20-Apr-05 21:45:23

I have to admit the "Are you posh?" thread suddenly made me think of you as I seem to remember you particularly hate that word. I hadn't noticed you weren't here as I haven't been around that much either. I find it hard to believe that you lasted 5 weeks without having to find an internet cafe or something.

LGJ Wed 20-Apr-05 22:01:13

Bran,

If Bran is not a Mummy, she nearly is one when does it all kick in ? she has been so busy.

MarsLady Wed 20-Apr-05 22:03:05

welcome back!

RTKangaMummy Wed 20-Apr-05 22:04:59

DELGIRL had little girl Amelia

bran Wed 20-Apr-05 22:05:25

LGJ . We met him today. I'll do a quick update on my non-birth announcement so as not to hijack PPH's thread.

LGJ Wed 20-Apr-05 22:08:24

PPH

Is not posh, she is just a jumped up little office girl made good

aloha Wed 20-Apr-05 22:11:41

Oh, there you are! I did wonder, actually. Yes, you did miss something. I sent you an email and thought you were just ignoring me....sob.

hunkermunker Wed 20-Apr-05 22:14:20

How's your red buggy?

marthamoo Wed 20-Apr-05 22:33:26

I hadn't realised I'd missed you 'til you popped up again

What've you missed? Oh, same old same old.

Mumsnet pootles along, pootle pootle...bit boring really...someone mentions Gina Ford/ breastfeeding/ piercings/ Chavs/ grapes/ controlled crying/ the Pope/ twizzlers/ red rugs...someone replies...someone takes umbrage...fight kicks off...this opens floodgates for everyone to air their grievances on every subject under the sun...trolls seem to sense rich pickings and move in...people flounce...clique accusations are made...non clique protestations are made...people say it's not like the good old days...things calm down...everyone is ever so nice for a while...Mumsnet pootles along, pootle, pootle...bit boring really...someone mentions Gina Ford/ breastfeeding/ piercings/ Chavs/ grapes/ controlled crying/ the Pope/ twizzlers/ red rugs...someone replies...

Like I said: same old same old

Earlybird Wed 20-Apr-05 22:55:07

I noticed you were away for what seemed a very long time, but presumed you were off on a glorious/extended half term break. Welcome back!

princesspeahead Thu 21-Apr-05 21:48:57

whoops, my lovely wireless network stopped being wireless for a while. teething troubles! thank you for all your lovely messages. hmmm, martha - only thing I didn't recognise in that long list was "red rugs" - is that a reference to ginger wigs or should I read it literally?! Time for a search I think....

misdee Thu 21-Apr-05 21:52:17

you missed a rather tense sunday night on the 3rd april. everyone was waiting for hours

princesspeahead Thu 21-Apr-05 22:13:05

bloody hell misdee, just read your threads. I'm so sorry - what a bloody rollercoaster it all is. Hope all is well with you and your family xxx

moondog Thu 21-Apr-05 22:15:52

PPH..I've been away, but your absence was even lengthier.
I thought you were on your honeymoon up in Balmoral...

princesspeahead Thu 21-Apr-05 22:21:10

lol moondog!
didn't I wash up well on the big day? All downhill from now on, sadly...

and I'm HRH now, if you please

misdee Thu 21-Apr-05 22:23:43

go on change your name

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now