Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A bloke was just trying to get in my flat!

(14 Posts)
Flossam Tue 19-Apr-05 10:54:30

Reckoned he'd come to fix the electric, that I had been phoned about it. But there is a buzzer system to get into the flats here, why was that not rung? No attempts to knock, just the sound of someone trying (and failing) to get key in lock. He had no id, just a map of the area. Now I'm too scared to go out, has he really got keys for our flat, or was he trying the wrong door?

jampots Tue 19-Apr-05 10:55:07

fucking hell - call hte police or a neighbour or someone

Mothernature Tue 19-Apr-05 10:56:10

Phone the locl police don't worry too much, may have been innocent but then again

TheVillageIdiot Tue 19-Apr-05 10:56:36

I would definitely report it tbh. Even if it was nothing.

Flossam Tue 19-Apr-05 10:56:45

dp is the police!!

jampots Tue 19-Apr-05 10:58:10

ah! do you have a management company you could contact?

ggglimpopo Tue 19-Apr-05 10:59:25

Message withdrawn

Flossam Tue 19-Apr-05 11:07:48

my police officer partner told me to ring the local police too (he's a work). Apparently they are sending someone out! I'd better get tidying!!

starlover Tue 19-Apr-05 11:11:14

if he'd come to fix the electric then why the hell would he be trying keys in the door????????

hope it goes ok with police...
I would change the locks, just in case he had got keys (though how would he have got them?)... but then, i am a very paranoid person!
I'd deffo keep a chain on the door while you're at home

piffle Tue 19-Apr-05 11:14:56

No ID then he is not electric person.
Sounds like he foudn some keys and was trying his luck
Good luck try not to freak out too much xx

Flossam Tue 19-Apr-05 11:18:49

No, I feel fine. I went out and looked around, and couldn't see any evidence of him, ie no van etc. Our letting agent has checked, they still have hold of their copy of the key, I still have mine and DP still has his. I think I'll be waiting a long while for the police though - mind you there is a cafe they like to frequent opposite so I might get lucky! I figured I ought to report it, if I didn't and something did happen the insurance might not be valid. Not sure about changing the locks, it is a rented flat, see what police say and will talk to letting agent.

Flossam Tue 19-Apr-05 11:48:08

police have been. that was nice and quick anyway. They haven't had any reports of more today, so hopefully it was just a one off, and he had come to the wrong door.

MarsLady Tue 19-Apr-05 11:49:31

are you ok honey? I must have been very scary!

Flossam Wed 20-Apr-05 07:20:03

Thanks ML. I'm fine. I've convinced myself he was just trying to get into the wrong flat, right or wrong it makes me feel better! I went out for the afternoon with no problems, so hopefully thats the last we'll hear of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now