Talk

Advanced search

Any PR people out there to help me write a press release?

(9 Posts)
lovecloud Mon 18-Apr-05 20:45:16

Hello

Just started my own music sessions and want to to write a press release to send local papers... dont know where to start and would appreciate any tips.

Thanks

darlingbud Mon 18-Apr-05 20:52:23

have you any more details about it?

lovecloud Mon 18-Apr-05 20:56:30

Hi

I dont really want to talk too much about it and plus I dont want to be accused of advertising it, are you in PR, if so maybe I contact you by email?

I just wanted to know how to lay a press release out?

lovecloud Tue 19-Apr-05 22:04:04

bump

misty Tue 19-Apr-05 22:06:29

hi lovecloud no advice unfortunately, but just wanted to join in and say I too would love some guidance on creating a press release

The best of luck with your business anyway!

misty Tue 19-Apr-05 22:09:53

just googled and found this
Also a section showing recent press releases which might give you and idea re wording and layout etc.

misty Tue 19-Apr-05 22:12:42

or this is good as well - and the site is fab for general starting up a business advice anyway.

lovecloud Tue 19-Apr-05 22:40:36

Thanks Misty - good luck to you too.

Great info you just sent I have printed it out.
x

cab Wed 20-Apr-05 01:08:03

Lovecloud if you've not done it yet: Keep it short, simple and to the point. Make sure you include the who, what, when, where, how much and why. Include tel/fax numbers, address, name of top bod etc and perhaps suggest any photo opportunities for local papers etc. Throw in a quote from yourself. Keep paragraphs short (about 30 words) and put most important info at the top (in case they cut from the bottom). Sometimes a phone call to the local papers works just as well - especially if you can offer a photo opportunity. Ask to speak to the news editor or picture desk. If a photographer comes out give him your press release so he gets his facts straight. Try to make photo op on a day that suits deadlines of local weekly and daily papers (usually earlier rather than later in the week) - otherwise they might get the hump and not come. Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now