Talk

Advanced search

My home is a swamp

(22 Posts)
bubble99 Sun 17-Apr-05 22:03:26

Okay 'Fess up. How many of you have gleaming surfaces. I've just about managed to sort out clean school uniforms for tomorrow and that's as far as I got. I keep finding myself on mumsnet, surrounded by a mess and promising myself to sort things out tomorrow. Am I a total slob? No honest answers required.

Surfermum Sun 17-Apr-05 22:07:58

I live aboard HMS Slattern. I could write my name in the dust on the stereo. Ironing basket is full. Bed needs changing, and the list goes on. I could have made the most of having dh at home this weekend (dd 23m, impossible to do things in the week) but I thought knickers to it! Happy mum = happy baby as they say.

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 17-Apr-05 22:08:16

Oh yes, I have 3 cupboards stuffed full of cleaning products.........all gathering dust .

hunkermunker Sun 17-Apr-05 22:09:20

Total slob. Total. Only clear up when I absolutely have to, and then wonder why I don't do it more often. Then MN calls me...

How's the Footle, Bubble?

sacha3taylor Sun 17-Apr-05 22:09:23

I used to be tidy....................untill I discovered MN

jodee Sun 17-Apr-05 22:12:11

Surfermum, a strumpet and a slattern all in one day?

[sigh] there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done, so I don't try any more.

Have only just emptied out ds's lunchbox from Friday - what a congealed mess of sliced apple, babybel and crisps!

SPARKLER1 Sun 17-Apr-05 22:35:29

Jodee - that's disgusting. LOL!!!

bubble99 Sun 17-Apr-05 22:36:36

Footle is footleliscious HM. He has such kind eyes. I know that's an odd thing to say about an 8 week old baby but he really does.

He's at the moment in our room surrounded by piles of laundry. I'm such a slob. I get the clothes clean and dry, vaguely fold them and then leave them in a big pile on our bed which of course then ends up on the floor. I don't do ironing (in the same way that Mariah Carey doesn't do stairs), unless it's for weddings/funerals or interviews. Got the iron out earlier, as it happens, and it was mouldy.

MarsLady Sun 17-Apr-05 22:42:27

gleaming surface????????????? The only time the surfaces gleam here are when the cleaner comes. If it weren't for her............. who knows how bad it would be.

The computer screen looks good though

colditz Sun 17-Apr-05 22:47:07

I have a houseguest. His name is Smell. He is staying behind the fridge and I am too scared to make him leave .... cos for all I know he might bite!

bubble99 Sun 17-Apr-05 23:01:34

I think the big test is when the the doorbell rings. Are you:

a) Wearing an ironed shirt, just finishing off sewing labels into your child's PE kit and waiting for the coffee to brew in your immaculate kitchen.

b) Just washing up/placing in the dishwasher a few breakfast dishes. Tidying away a few toys that have been left on your recently hoovered floor and putting one day's worth of washing into the machine.

c) Desperately picking up the dirty knickers that were vaguely on top of a laundry pile that has managed, due to it's sheer size, to creep from your kitchen into the hallway. Picking up a half-chewed type of biscuit that you know you haven't bought for about 3 months.

d) Doorbell? What doorbell? It hasn't worked for weeks and no one has been arsed to fix it.

MarsLady Sun 17-Apr-05 23:03:21

C Ah well..... might just break the doorbell and save myself the hassle lol

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 17-Apr-05 23:07:35

It honestly was c) and d) a couple of weeks ago - dh has since replaced the doorbell, so only c) applies now .

BadgerBadger Sun 17-Apr-05 23:16:36

I'm a C.

Spent all of friday afternoon and all of saturday through to 4pm tidying up for DD1's birthday party . One of my friends still commented on how my houses always have a 'lived in' look!!

Caught DH looking in the local paper today for a cleaner, so told him that if he'll pay me and provide childcare, that I'll consider taking the job .

hunkermunker Sun 17-Apr-05 23:44:12

Footle sounds totally adorable - I want to cuddle him! And your house sounds much like mine

bubble99 Tue 19-Apr-05 00:06:03

Here again. And it's still a swamp.

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 19-Apr-05 00:09:03

I came in from work at 9pm and my MIL has brought dd home, fed her, bathed her, put her to sleep, washed up, hoovered and emptied the kitchen bin

My day will be quite easy tomorrow

colditz Tue 19-Apr-05 00:10:36

I have located the source of the Smell....

A tin of fish catfood had fallen down the back of the (non-working) microwave... now bear in mind that this smell was first detacted 2 weeks ago!

colditz Tue 19-Apr-05 00:10:45

I have located the source of the Smell....

A tin of fish catfood had fallen down the back of the (non-working) microwave... now bear in mind that this smell was first detected 2 weeks ago!

bubble99 Tue 19-Apr-05 00:41:04

colditz. After two weeks I bet even the cat had thought twice about trying to get behind there to eat it. Phewee!

Newbarnsleygirl. Always remember though, that in the back of her mind, is the thought that no one looks after her little boy as well as her

whatsername Tue 19-Apr-05 00:53:06

I am also a C. I think I have gleaming surfaces, but it's hard to tell as they are buried under piles of junk...

QueenEagle Tue 19-Apr-05 00:56:36

I have no dust on my surfaces whatsoever.

Too much stuff piled on them for the dust to get through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now