Talk

Advanced search

Birthday b1tch!!!

(12 Posts)
dejags Sun 17-Apr-05 20:52:28

Excuse the title but I am so angry it's all I could think of and here's why.

DS1 shares the same birthday with another little boy in his class. They are in pre-reception so at the age when all the kids are invited in the class to each party.

I thought it would be polite to call this child's mother to discuss birthday plans so left a message for her to call me a few days ago. She returned my all today - in short, she told me that she would consider her plans and then let me know how I should proceed with my DS's birthday party plans. This being because she works and can only do a Saturday party. I politely mentioned that I also work now (albeit for myself) and that we had a family 50th birthday party in the evening so the morning would be most convenient for me. She responded by barking at me that she would come back to me with her preferred date and that I should wait for that call before planning my DS's birthday

is it me or can you believe the cheek of this woman?

Laylasmum Sun 17-Apr-05 20:54:03

Bugger that!! Quickly get your invites out before she can!!!

Twiglett Sun 17-Apr-05 20:54:55

WOW

why don't you have a joint party?

JanH Sun 17-Apr-05 20:55:46

No!

Quick, arrange yours now and get the invites out tomorrow, before she has a chance to "consider her plans" - arrogant cow.

dejags Sun 17-Apr-05 20:57:24

I had considered it Twig but it's my DS's first proper party and he is so excited about it, I would be hesitant to ask him to share his day. One of the reasons for my call was to discuss this for now and in future years - with a view to alternating, seeing as the kids will be going to school for a good few years together. Sadly I never got that far, she just cut me off.

lou33 Sun 17-Apr-05 21:01:30

sod her, get your invites out tomorrow

dejags Sun 17-Apr-05 21:04:22

thanks gals, their birthday is over a month away so I think it's a bit premature to send out the invites tomorrow - but I will definitely do it at the end of the week when it's a month away.

what is this woman like? I am scared she'll send out invitations for the same date and time just to be contrary. I really don't want bad vibes about this, hence, my call in the first place. What will I do if she does that?

JanH Sun 17-Apr-05 21:10:27

Presumably your being pleasant about it makes her think she can treat you like a doormat so I think you should make a preemptive strike to show her that she can't.

How about ringing her again and telling her that you are going to have DS's party on the Saturday morning and that if she decides she needs to have a morning party then she'll have to have it on the Sunday

lou33 Sun 17-Apr-05 21:15:18

nice one jan!

I don't think its too early to send them out. Dd2's biorthday is at the end of the christmas hols, so we always have to send them out about a month in advance

roisin Sun 17-Apr-05 21:18:21

What a shame that you've been so considerate, and she's treated you so badly.

DS1's 6th party clashed with a classmate - no-one realised til the invites went out and they realised before us. The other family completely re-arranged their party, and told all the invitees, before we had discovered the problem! How sweet!

AND they had the later party, so they got all the exhausted/hyper post-party children!!!

marthamoo Sun 17-Apr-05 21:19:58

She sounds an utter cow

I'm with everyone else - get those invites out and batten down the hatches.

Cam Sun 17-Apr-05 21:27:45

What a rude woman, its perfectly in order to discuss this, why is she being so objectionable? In dd's class of 9 children there are 3 children who have their birthday in the same week (was 4 but one has left) so the mums have to communicate about their parties as we all invite the same children. We have managed to do this politely for the past 3 years, so what's wrong with her?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: