Talk

Advanced search

Moan about anything.

(15 Posts)
jemimah Sun 17-Apr-05 18:01:58

I have the need to get loads off my chest which aren't about just one thing in particular. Just wondered if anyone else felt the same, if so use this if you want.I am really depressed, my doctor wants to take me off of lofepramine and put me on prozac, this I am nervous about. I am living away from my friends and family and I just want to get back there but the housing association won't help, I miss my mum and my little bro so much and I am not doing very good at the moment! I am trying to be a good mum, but with so much pressure put on you to do this, do that to help everybody but yourself I feel helpless. (If that makes any sense!) To top it off I have a wisdom tooth killing me and have to have it removed, I am very freaked out about this!!

Toothache Mon 18-Apr-05 08:29:42

Jemimah - You sound very low at the moment. I'll bump this up and hopefully you'll get some great advice, or just a chat to cheer you up!!

I don't know much about the different AD's I'm afraid. Why is your GP changing your medication? Has it just stopped working for you?

Being away from your family is very hard. My DH's family are 250 miles away in Liverpool. He misses them so much and everytime we visit he cries half the journey home.

jangly Mon 18-Apr-05 08:42:40

Jemimah, firstly, don't worry about having the wisdom tooth out. Wisdom teeth have very small roots and come out easily. You won't feel it. Secondly, go with whatever your doctor recommends re ADs. Several people on here take prozac and have given very good reports on it. If your doctor feels that that is the right one for you at the moment, then trust him and take it. After a couple of weeks on it you will be able to tackle the other things in your life more easily. Good luck with it.

jemimah Mon 18-Apr-05 10:10:04

I think I am just scared about the prozac because I have had no luck with anything else and I am worried these won't work, but its good to hear encouragement. I am being put on prozac because what I'm on at the moment causes a sedative effect, not helpful!! I sympathize with your DH, I am like that when I've been to visit my family. They aren't as far away as that, they are 50 something miles away, but I don't drive and the public transport is terrible. My hubby will drive me, but I need that support whenever I need it, not just when he'll drive me. I probably sound like I am just whinging. I really hope that the wisdom tooth removal is straight forward! I am so lonely at the moment and just need some friends.

starlover Mon 18-Apr-05 12:08:59

Jemimah... I have to second everything Jangly said!
Anti-depressants are really a trial and error thing, and unfortunately it can take a while to find the ones that are right for you. Add to that the fact that they take a few weeks to kick in and voila! it makes things seem much worse.
But trust me it DOES get better. I never used to believe that when people said it to me, so I wouldn't expect you to believe me either... but I am proof that things can and do get better.
I tried about 4 diff AD's before I found one that worked for me, and I have friends who have had even more! SOmetimes it feels like things will never get better, but do remember that when you are down the only way is up... and that UP will come... it might be just round the corner.

You are right, the prozac may not work. But you have to give it a go if the lofepramine isn't working for you.

I don't think you sound like you're whinging, because I know what it's like to feel like that... really I do.
Do you not have any close friends nearby?

jemimah Mon 18-Apr-05 13:13:48

No, I have no friends around here. I have been to the mother and baby group run at the family centre and I really don't fit in. I have people that I chat to via email from all the mums websites which is great and I really don't know what I'd do without them, but it would be lovely to have someone to pop round for a coffee and vice versa. I know that I have to believe that the prozac can help else they will be a waste of time. I just really struggle with everything around the house and looking after my son without any support when my husband is at work. I have IBS due to anxiety and stress and this makes me feel awful. I know its not seen of as a serious thing, but I suffer with it everyday and it would be nice to feel like I'm not alone here.

starlover Mon 18-Apr-05 14:00:01

I know what you mean about struggling aruond the house... my place is a tip.
Don't know what area you are in, but if you're near Sussex then I'd be glad to be your friend!
How old is your little boy?

starlover Mon 18-Apr-05 14:00:44

sorry... that sounds wrong... i'd be your friend anyway! but if you are from my neck of the woods i would be your real life friend.. not just on here!

jemimah Mon 18-Apr-05 15:10:29

Starlover-I know what you meant!! I am in wiltshire, so not exactly on your doorstep!! my son is 6 months old.

starlover Mon 18-Apr-05 15:46:20

ahh..no.. I was born in wiltshire though! not that that really helps at all
If you ever wanna chat I have MSN... rj_android@hotmail.com

jemimah Mon 18-Apr-05 15:48:55

Thanks, I've added you to my contact list. Its weird that, whereabouts?

starlover Mon 18-Apr-05 15:49:52

Tidworth. My dad was in the army

jemimah Mon 18-Apr-05 15:59:15

I'm not too sure where that is! My hubby is in the army. How long have you lived in sussex?

starlover Mon 18-Apr-05 16:06:35

I think it's near(ish) wroughton.
My dad left the Army when I was about 6 weeks old, so we moved back up to Sussex then!

jemimah Mon 18-Apr-05 19:37:18

Has anyone on here managed to get a whole course of counselling? I mean more than just a couple of sessions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now