Talk

Advanced search

PAYPAL question

(11 Posts)
Socci Sat 16-Apr-05 19:48:39

Message withdrawn

Flossam Sat 16-Apr-05 19:49:46

No it is really easy. Have you got an account yet? If not if you have brought a valuable item you might need to verify your bank which can take several days. HTH.

Socci Sat 16-Apr-05 19:52:30

Message withdrawn

Enid Sat 16-Apr-05 19:54:30

I have had a paypal account for a couple of years no probs, its brilliant for ebay/online trading

Flossam Sat 16-Apr-05 19:56:39

Think it is really quite secure. No probs here!

Socci Sat 16-Apr-05 19:58:05

Message withdrawn

HappyMumOfOne Sat 16-Apr-05 19:59:57

I have been using it for 2 yrs and no problems here!

Preggars Sat 16-Apr-05 20:00:34

Only word of caution is that my husband keeps getting dubious emails from someone pretending to be PayPal. We've reported this online to PayPal, but they haven't come back yet, which is a bit off putting. They've not got any numbers to call either.

But, we do think this is a third party.. just would like to know how they got his email?

Enid Sat 16-Apr-05 20:01:12

they can easily get your email off the web, if its any consolation I used to get these before I was even a member of paypal

Preggars Sat 16-Apr-05 20:02:44

That's comforting anyway. Thanks.

JanH Sat 16-Apr-05 23:35:07

My Paypal was hacked into recently - nothing much really, 2 similar subscriptions to an online fantasy football thing, but it had to be suspended and details changed and I had to complete a printed form swearing that the transactions concerned weren't mine. (And in between them going through and being recredited I lost a couple of quid on the exchange rate!)

I found out when the entries appeared on my egg card statement online; if it had been a postal statement I wouldn't have found out for longer, and there might have been more. So using an on-line credit card helps keep track. (I only use Paypal for ebay normally so these jumped out at me.) And change your password regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now