Talk

Advanced search

Help I've got a TWAIN error on my pc....what's a TWAIN and how do I fix it?

(14 Posts)
KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 16:28:28

I'm trying to download our holiday photos (from Christmas) on my DD's new digicamra.....(cost £29)
But I keep getting error messages with TWAIN error all over them

HELP PLEASE......

SaintGeorge Sat 16-Apr-05 16:33:05

All I know is that TWAIN is something to do with imaging. If you google 'Twain error' you will get loads of results. Easier for you to do it yourself as you will probably need to look for the one that matches your set-up (camera, op system etc)

KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 16:44:26

Thanks SaintGeorge...I'm looking but not understanding...I'll keep looking

KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 22:28:59

Well it works perfectly on my Dads PC...so I think Norton is rearing it's ugly head again...bugger

starlover Sat 16-Apr-05 22:29:34

what operating system are you using?

KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 22:31:19

Is that like Windows ME? or something else?

starlover Sat 16-Apr-05 22:32:23

yeah

starlover Sat 16-Apr-05 22:32:49

is that what you're using?

KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 22:34:01

Yep....but I keep having problems with everything.

I'm fairly sure I'm virus free but Norton appears to be cocking up everything else...maybe?

starlover Sat 16-Apr-05 22:34:40

have you tried re-installing the drivers for the camera? (if you used any)

or, do you have any other photo software that you could try it with?

KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 22:36:48

Thanks, I've reinstalled it 4 times...but with all my other problems I'm having, I'm going to jack it all in and buy a Mac....maybe?

starlover Sat 16-Apr-05 22:44:41

haha yeah, sounds like a reasonable solution to me!
If you are thinking that it could be Norton.. have you tried uninstalling that?

KatieMac Sat 16-Apr-05 22:56:11

Yes I think if I have the disk - I'll uninstall it - load the camra and then reinstall Norton or but a better virus thingie

My dad has bought e-??? from america - he swears by it...Norton is quite crap (IMHO)

hub2dee Sun 17-Apr-05 01:04:48

Sounds like the TWAIN driver used to connect to your digital camera is missing / corrupted.

Try running a full update of your Windows install and see if that helps, or trawl Microsoft's Website for the correct TWAIN driver for your version of Windows.

If you're brave, a Windows reinstall might sort it, or re-installing any software which came with the camera (or a scanner) you have bought might also do the trick.

Just about to come onto your Mac thread.

Moving to Mac is just about always the best answer for anything to do with a PC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now