Talk

Advanced search

bensmum3 is on her epic journey from Scotland to Bodmin today

(8 Posts)
Miaou Fri 15-Apr-05 13:26:00

Just thought I would remind everyone!! My dh went to meet them this morning as they passed through Fort William ... at 7.25am!! They were amazed that he came out at that time, but very pleased to see him!

As I write they should be arriving in Carlisle...

roisin Fri 15-Apr-05 14:32:49

Hi Miaou! I've been thinking about bensmum today!

Also because dh has been on Iona all week.
He's fallen in love with the place and wants us all to go up for holiday
But when I described it to ds1 he didn't sound that impressed!

Aimsmum Fri 15-Apr-05 14:47:09

Message withdrawn

Miaou Fri 15-Apr-05 15:54:00

Glad you managed to meet up with her Aimsmum

Aimsmum Fri 15-Apr-05 15:56:26

Message withdrawn

tiredemma Fri 15-Apr-05 16:01:51

so pi**ed off, wanted to go and meet them at b.ham new st, but new flooring was supposed to be getting delivered early this afternoon.
have waited ALL afternoon and have just been told that floor wont be here now till monday!! grrr so angry.

hope they are ok..

chatee Fri 15-Apr-05 17:09:55

as you posted miaou i was having a good old chat with bensmum3 and they are all lovely....they had little yellow flags but i think we should all admit to what we were waving too........ok i bet mine was the wackiest.............................................................................................................................................................................................a yellow toy duck that sang and quacked as it was waved
i did have ds aged 14 months with me but couldn't lift him out of the buggy as the smell would have been horrendous.....,blush,

WideWebWitch Fri 15-Apr-05 19:08:15

Posted on other thread but thought I'd post here too, Tortoishell and ds and I just met bensmum3 at Bristol and handed over fairy cakes, toy soldiers, a football annual, a Smash Hits magazine, some paper with origami instructions, assorted stickers and small toys. The Train was delayed by 45 minutes and horrendously crowded, I wouldn't have wanted to be her for ANYTHING, it looked like hell with people standing in the corridors and doorways. We nearly didn't manage to hand over because it was so packed and there was no way we could get on the train to find them. But then they came to the door and I dropped toy soliders all over the platform but we got there in the end! Poor woman, I really hope it wasn't as hideous as it looked, the rush hour traffic outside was a walk in the park by comparison. They gave us a little bag with sweets and pencils and a mumsnet yellow flag which has been shared with my ds and Tortoiseshell's ds and dd Good idea Cod!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now