Talk

Advanced search

How can I rescue dds ride-on?

(8 Posts)
Hayls Fri 15-Apr-05 13:09:30

DD was playing outside in her Winne the Pooh ride on yesterday (complete with keys that play tunes, horn, and ignition and gear stcik- all make noise). Of course it rained all night and nothing worked this morning. I've had it next to a radiator all morning and changed the battery but it's still not working properly- everything's mixed up and some tunes don't play at all. The horn plays tunes, the igntion noise cuts out and plays tunes and some keys start playing one tune then switch to another. She's really upset and I need to rescue it! Will it eventually dry out or has it had it?

kid Fri 15-Apr-05 13:20:22

just keep testing it, maybe it got really wet and needs longer to dry out (keep your fingers crossed)

cupcakes Fri 15-Apr-05 13:21:54

I would guess that it hasn't properly dried out yet. We have had toys which I thought were ruined (and remote controls) but you come back to them a few days later and they are ok again.

SoupDragon Fri 15-Apr-05 13:49:03

I also think it's just not dried properly yet. It can take quite a long time.

Evesmama Fri 15-Apr-05 14:03:05

put in in the airing cupboard for a couple of days?

bibiboo Fri 15-Apr-05 22:59:16

My local Tesco are selling Winne the Pooh (and Nemo) ride-ons for the wonderfully cheap price of £12.97 this week - maybe replace hers if your local on have them?

Yorkiegirl Fri 15-Apr-05 23:00:43

Message withdrawn

Hayls Sat 16-Apr-05 10:44:36

Yorkiegirl, that's the one, isn't it great? Our local Tesco has now sold out but I think it might be on the mend. IT seems to be working OK most of the time, although it keeps starting up when nobody is near it (woke up last night to hear a strange noise coming from the airing cupboard right outside our bedroom dooor!)
Fingers crossed it'll be ok. I've brought her Little Tikes rise on down for her to play with but it's just not the same when it doesn't make noise and she can beep the horn with daddy shouting 'get out of the way, lady!' Oh, the fun we have in our house!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: