Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

gas and elec suppliers-who to change to?

(18 Posts)
popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 11:27:51

just received 2 ridiculous bills from british gas for our dual fuel quarterly gas and elec bill

have looked into it and our consumption isnt a lot more than this time last year it is just to charges have increased by a stupid amount

can anyone recommened another gas and elec supplier or direct me to a website where i can do some research for myself??

thanks folks

popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 12:07:22

bump?
anyone?

hayleylou Fri 15-Apr-05 12:08:35

have you tried www.uswitch.com.... they compare companies against each other

SaintGeorge Fri 15-Apr-05 12:09:03

uswitch

popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 12:15:56

thanks will check them out

popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 12:16:28

tht is exactly the srt of thing i was looking for thanks

hayleylou Fri 15-Apr-05 12:18:09

no problem... it is a good website. Hope it helps

GeorginaA Fri 15-Apr-05 12:21:36

Don't go NPower though ... we had loads of problems with them and I think we weren't the only ones. We're with Scottish Power now who I believe are a good mix between fairly competitive but good service.

popsycal Fri 15-Apr-05 12:26:38

thesite just gave a very good quote for scottish pwer - might look into it thanks

Gobbledigook Fri 15-Apr-05 12:31:05

We find Atlantic Gas and Electricity the cheapest and the best. We've just received a £65 cheque from them for 'loyalty' and paying by direct debit!!

Gobbledigook Fri 15-Apr-05 12:31:26

Was just going to say, when we compared prices Scottish Power also came out tops.

SaintGeorge Fri 15-Apr-05 12:41:48

I hate Atlantic. They hijacked my gas and electricity after I asked them for a quote . It was higher than my original supplier so turned them down, but they went ahead and transferred me anyway.

2 years later I still keep getting final demands from them even though I was never a customer. Have had £150 compensation out of them though

megandsoph Fri 15-Apr-05 13:16:40

southern electric are great, I checked on uswitch and no one can beat them

cupcakes Fri 15-Apr-05 13:20:17

We find Sainsburys very cheap for us.

popsycal Wed 04-May-05 10:32:45

anymore suggestions...looking at scottish power atm

purpleturtle Wed 04-May-05 10:51:09

I hate npower - and have told them so - but they still keep ringing us trying to persuade us to go back . If they can afford to give a £50 dual fuel discount, maybe they should be charging less in the first place?

I liked Scottishpower, we're still with them for gas, but have switched to ecotricity for green electricity.

popsycal Thu 05-May-05 10:22:02

i am just about to sign up with scottish power...
through uswitch...
do i need to inform current providers?/

geekgrrl Thu 05-May-05 10:34:00

we use basicpower for electricity, they're good. We have electric underfloor heating etc. and no gas at all so finding a cheap electricity provider was important - before we switched we were with npower who were absolutely dreadful to deal with and cost a third more than basicpower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now