Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone going to wave to Bensmum3 today?

(10 Posts)
Aimsmum Fri 15-Apr-05 10:46:57

Message withdrawn

Marina Fri 15-Apr-05 10:49:04

Wish her luck and safe travelling. Unless something goes hideously wrong and she ends up using the Northern line to get through central London I can't wave, so here's a virtual one to pass on (having done West Coast line solo with baby and toddler she is really in my thoughts today)

flashingnose Fri 15-Apr-05 10:58:37

Please give her a wave from me too - I'm in the Home Counties so nowhere near, sadly.

Aimsmum Fri 15-Apr-05 14:35:31

Message withdrawn

chatee Fri 15-Apr-05 17:12:34

just posted on the other thread...i met her in carlisle....

RTMTMML Fri 15-Apr-05 17:14:45

she's not passing near me but I'll also send a virtual wave

WideWebWitch Fri 15-Apr-05 19:04:29

Posted on other thread but thought I'd post here too, Tortoishell and ds and I just met bensmum3 at Bristol and handed over fairy cakes, toy soldiers, a football annual, a Smash Hits magazine, some paper with origami instructions, assorted stickers and small toys. The Train was delayed by 45 minutes and horrendously crowded, I wouldn't have wanted to be her for ANYTHING, it looked like hell with people standing in the corridors and doorways. We nearly didn't manage to hand over because it was so packed and there was no way we could get on the train to find them. But then they came to the door and I dropped toy soliders all over the platform but we got there in the end! Poor woman, I really hope it wasn't as hideous as it looked, the rush hour traffic outside was a walk in the park by comparison. They gave us a little bag with sweets and pencils and a mumsnet yellow flag which has been shared with my ds and Tortoiseshell's ds and dd Good idea Cod!

RTMTMML Fri 15-Apr-05 19:05:50

that's so lovely. I know that the packed train must be a nightmare, but having you give them pressies and things to do.... what a lovely thing to do. Well done you!

flashingnose Fri 15-Apr-05 19:26:07

This has warmed the cockles of my heart - well done those who made it

Whizzz Fri 15-Apr-05 19:28:20

Unfortunately I didn't manage it - but well done to those that did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now