Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do dd, ds, ds2, lo etc mean?

(7 Posts)
Melny Thu 14-Apr-05 20:27:02

Hi, I'm kinda new to this talk board thing and I wonder if someone can give me a quick run through on some of the shortcuts used like dd, ds, ds2, lo and lots of others as I can't find anywhere on this site that tells you what they mean.

Thanks

Melanie

Nemo1977 Thu 14-Apr-05 20:29:03

hi
at top of age by useful stuff is an acronym list which gives a list of a lot of the abbreviations used.
DD is dear daughter
Dh " husband
DS2 " son 2 etc

Fimbo Thu 14-Apr-05 20:29:16

Look above where it says "Useful Stuff", click on acronym list-it confused the hell out of me too when I first started.

hunkersneakymunker Thu 14-Apr-05 20:29:23

There's a handy acronym list at the top of the page - welcome to MN!

Nemo1977 Thu 14-Apr-05 20:29:37

o meant to say welcome to the board as well..its a bit weird to work out at first but once u get the hang of it u will be addicted...lol

Twiga Thu 14-Apr-05 20:31:18

Melny, have you had a chance to look at the acronym list in the menu above, that should get you started wtih some. In the meantime, dh - dear husband, dd - dear daughter, ds - dear son etc numbers after dd/ds indicate order of children rather than age. Lol - laugh out loud or lots of love, btw - by the way, tbh - to be honest, iirc - if i remember correctly, af - aunty flo/period, ttc - trying to concieve. Sure there are lots of other common ones, those are just off the top of my head.

hth - hope this helps! and welcome to MumsNet (mn)

Melny Fri 15-Apr-05 17:03:09

Thanks everyone I've had a look at the acronym list and it gives me everything I need. Many thanks.

Melanie
-x-

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now