Talk

Advanced search

Nightmare Neighbours

(14 Posts)
LouBeeLou Thu 14-Apr-05 13:07:49

I am writing a piece for college about nightmare nextdoor neighbours, the effects they can have on you, and what can be done about them. I've written the main body of the piece in a mag article style.

I wanted to include some RL quotes from people who have experienced problems with neighbours. I have chatted to friends, thinking I could get some stories from them, but with no luck.

Has anyone had experience of noisy/nosy/mad/etc neighbours that they wouldn't mind sharing with me, and would be happy for me to add as a quote in my piece? What was the problem and how did you deal with it? Was it resolved in the end?

(and, if you don't mind, could you put your name and rough area you live in so I can include that?)

TIA

Fimbo Thu 14-Apr-05 13:10:34

I'd happily give you my experience but would prefer to remain anonymous.

LouBeeLou Thu 14-Apr-05 13:18:34

Of course, Fimbo, I can just put anon, that's absolutely fine (and totally understandable!)

Fimbo Thu 14-Apr-05 13:20:25

Do you want to CAT me or are you happy to put your email address on here?

LouBeeLou Thu 14-Apr-05 13:25:00

Have CAT'd you - thanks x

LouBeeLou Thu 14-Apr-05 13:53:59

'Bumping' for any others......?

LouBeeLou Thu 14-Apr-05 13:53:59

'Bumping' for any others......?

LouBeeLou Thu 14-Apr-05 13:54:25

Whoops! Didn't mean to do that twice!

TwoIfBySea Fri 15-Apr-05 22:33:11

LouBeeLou if you CAT me I'll tell you of our experiences.

LouBeeLou Mon 18-Apr-05 12:10:07

Great, thanks TwoIfBySea. Sorry, have not been online over the weekend, have CAT'd you.

majorstress Mon 18-Apr-05 12:20:46

I don't know if mine are a nightmare-they turn their kids (now 5 and 8) out into the street with nothing to do, to play in my front garden (theirs is too overgrown), bang on the door and pester me and my kids (2 and 4 and NOT allowed to go out in the street on their own) incessantly. If I or some innocent person lets them in to play, they try to steal the toys and spend the whole time trying to get me to allow my dds out to play in the street. Also they keep enormous amounts of garbage and discarded household stuff strewn around our shared side passage, even though it is all next to their own front door (and very visble from the street-even the bin men, as well as every one who comes to visit me, stops to comment and point!). Is that a nightmare? or just a nuisance? Is it me being too middle class, or them being dysfunctional? There are 3 fit adults of working age living there.

Caligula Mon 18-Apr-05 12:23:39

I had very noisy neighbours who used to play very loud music, but always turned it off at 11pm. Didn't help if you wanted to watch Corrie and could hear it booming through though.

Also used to have arguments at 2AM, but they were always so exciting and amusing that I didn't mind being woken up.

In the end, I moved.

LouBeeLou Mon 18-Apr-05 13:39:58

majorstress - I think a nuisance is a nightmare.

LOL Caligula @ the amusing arguments!

majorstress Mon 18-Apr-05 15:26:51

I almost forgave the next door kids, the afternoon that school knocked off early before Easter and I ended up with 4 kids helping me in the garden (I am NOT good with kids! even my own I was ordering them all about something chronic just to keep them busy), when the 8 year old said (a stray), wistfully, did I ever shout? DD1 piped up, no she never does! a total lie, but I have had a bad sore throat for weeks and have had to make my points in other ways! after all the urchins can't help that their own SAHM has somewhere lost the M part of the acronym. SO it's not so simple really....if I had never let them in at all they would have given up knocking by now, muffin-heads that they are.

I'm sure the rubbish would still be there though... and that IS a nightmare! What should I do? Say? Should I try to help? Or will that just make even more work for me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now