Talk

Advanced search

is someone trying to tell me something???

(18 Posts)
Evesmama Wed 13-Apr-05 22:11:30

yesterday, looked in our paper/magazine cupboard for something to read whilst dd was settling down for bed watching maggie adn the ferocious beast.

found a parenting glossy..was about to throw it as it had october 2004 on and must have read it millions of times, but i sat down to read.

realises i had never seen this mag before...and it was entirly based on my dd's age and problems i am experiencing at minute!!!...worries about nursery, worrying about toilet training, dicipline, tantrums, eating and what to do with them through the day...........

i dont remember buying this mag, never noticed it before and clear cupboard out every few weeks and it has been a godsend to help me with the things going on at the moment??????

who's helping me out??????

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:15:28

Isn't it weird then that sort of thing happens.

I was speaking to a woman at w.end who said that when she was pregnany she was given a high percentage that she might be carring a child with Down's syndrome. The next day she was driving, stopped at a zebra crossing a boy with DS crossed, stopped in front of car, looked right at her, smiled and waved and then she kept seeing people with Ds.

when I found out I was pregnant mags would fall open of pics of babies, mums with buggys would jump out in fron tof me and so on.

Maybe guardian angels do exist?

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:15:28

Isn't it weird then that sort of thing happens.

I was speaking to a woman at w.end who said that when she was pregnany she was given a high percentage that she might be carring a child with Down's syndrome. The next day she was driving, stopped at a zebra crossing a boy with DS crossed, stopped in front of car, looked right at her, smiled and waved and then she kept seeing people with Ds.

when I found out I was pregnant mags would fall open of pics of babies, mums with buggys would jump out in fron tof me and so on.

Maybe guardian angels do exist?

SleepyJess Wed 13-Apr-05 22:19:24

It's synchronicity! And yes, it's happening for a reason. (It happens all the time actually, every day, it's just that more than half the time we are too focused on other stuff to notice.) Just look for the 'coincidences', and they're there! (Except they're not conincidences really..)

SJ x

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:22:51

Is that what its called.

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:23:19

I didn't man that as a question, more of a oh right.

Beetroot Wed 13-Apr-05 22:24:19

Message withdrawn

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:25:08

junk yes, jung no

Evesmama Wed 13-Apr-05 22:25:29

and just got an email through from pampers saying ' dont worry about toilet training yet if we're not ready'!!!!!!, just cos she's almost 2 doesnt mean anything!'
v.weird..almost as if someones trying to help and reassure me???????

MistressMary Wed 13-Apr-05 22:26:33

There you are. Some one is over seeing you.

Beetroot Wed 13-Apr-05 22:27:29

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Wed 13-Apr-05 22:28:18

what/who is jung?

MistressMary Wed 13-Apr-05 22:29:54

Carl Jung. He was an analytical psychologist.

Thomcat Wed 13-Apr-05 22:33:04

I had to read proper junk, in the true sense of the word with my book club 'PS I Love You', OMG , what utter tripe.

And I head a MArion Keyes (is that her name) book once as well.

Don't know Jung though, expand.

MistressMary Wed 13-Apr-05 22:35:55

He was behind the introvert and extrovert theories and the subconsciuos mind.

SleepyJess Wed 13-Apr-05 22:40:36

Will no doubt come across Jung shortly.. going to veer off down the psychology route (with my degree with the OU).. am currently doing social science.. so am getting quite clued up on Freud, Foucoult and Weber.. who are all barking up the wrong tree a bit if you ask me! (Hark at me! The level one mature student talking! ) Maybe less so with Foucoult.. can relate more to his ramblings..

Jung sounds interesting!

SJ x

Beetroot Thu 14-Apr-05 09:22:59

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Thu 14-Apr-05 09:24:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: