Talk

Advanced search

On a school night, what time should children play out until.............

(7 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 18:21:40

Last night i went to bed at 7.30 and there were some children playing out ranged from 4 to 11 years and I thought that they would be going in soon, but they were still out there an hour and half later, screaming and shouting.

Is it just me, or, should kids be in at a reasonable time so that they can have a bath in preparation for school the next day?

cod Wed 13-Apr-05 18:28:41

Message withdrawn

BubblesDeVere Wed 13-Apr-05 18:34:44

thats what i thought, round about this time for bringing them in, my two don't play in the street, but when they are in the garden they are in no later than 6.30 maybe 7.30 on a weekend

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 18:36:35

Mine are almost 13 & 11.5, they play out until 7ish and come in for their tea and bath etc on school nights, bed at 9.30pm.

roisin Wed 13-Apr-05 18:36:37

I think 9 pm is late for a 4 yr-old to be playing out, but not necessarily for 8-11 yr-olds. Some kids just don't need a lot of sleep.

Mine need LOADS of sleep, and I wish they didn't so they could have more play out time, rather than just spend their lives at school

DS2 (almost 6) is in bed at 6 pm and asleep at 7 (for 12.5 hrs)
DS1 (almost 8) is in bed at 7 pm but has light on to read for 2 hrs.

I love it when the kids play out in the street in summer, and resent the fact that mine come home from school too exhausted most of the time. They only play out until teatime, which is 5 pm.

Blossomhill Wed 13-Apr-05 18:39:03

I won't be letting mine out to play until they are at least, er 15. Oh and I am being deadly serious
In answer to you original question I do agree it's unreasonable.

coppertop Wed 13-Apr-05 18:48:18

Round here they are still often outside until after 10pm - including a couple of the toddlers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now