Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how do i find a good cleaner?

(6 Posts)
misdee Wed 13-Apr-05 16:26:26

seeing dh has been awarded high rate care we are looking at getting a cleaner in 2-3 times a week. how do we find a good reliable one?

also we need a decorator and someone to fit some new units.

usually alljpobs me and dh would do, but i cant do by myself.

Milliways Wed 13-Apr-05 16:40:30

I would always go with personal recommendations. We used to have an ace cleaner, who did our neighbours house first. Ask around.

I do envy you - Ours used to do Fridays, and coming home from work, weekend starting, house tip-top was fab.

flashingnose Wed 13-Apr-05 16:41:15

Word of mouth for the cleaner (or word of MN ).

Am I right in thinking you're in Herts? I know a v good decorator who could also fit the units but he charges £100 per day - is that too much?

SoupDragon Wed 13-Apr-05 16:47:06

With great difficulty.

Personal recommendation is the best way. Other than that, look in newsagents windows for cards and check out a few.

misdee Wed 13-Apr-05 17:28:00

flashing nose, it would be collecting the new units from builders merchants, and fixing them to walls, so probably a days work (only 2 units needed).

we're in welwyn garden city. but still need to strip the walls. i will get round to it eventually, but really want it done soon and i diont have the hours in the day (or maybe i would if i gave up mumsnet )

batters Wed 13-Apr-05 17:59:57

Agree with soupie.

I found my goddess of a cleaner through another Mumsnetter, to whom I will always be eternally grateful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now