Talk

Advanced search

Bristol people- how do I get to Ikea from the train station??

(9 Posts)
littlelamb Thu 19-Feb-09 13:25:02

Either parkway or temple meads? Is there a bus I'll be able to catch? I need to get few bits, nothing massive but they don't deliver so I have been saving up all the stuff I 'need' to get in one trip.I think the need for a cot teething rail has tipped me over- I need to go in the next couple of days

retiredgoth2 Thu 19-Feb-09 13:50:00

this is the somewhat impenetrable bus timetable.

As far as I can gather, there is no direct service from either mainline station (IKEA is at the Eastgate centre). That would be about par for public transport in this area...

...there is a small station, Stapleton road, about a 10 minute walk away. It isn't the most salubrious of areas, though, so the stroll would be less than scenic.

Get a cab. Temple Meads is a bit closer, and a hell of a lot better supplied with cabs...

littlelamb Thu 19-Feb-09 14:09:43

Oooo brilliant thank you. About how far are we talking? And more importantly how much would it be??

SpitSpot Fri 20-Feb-09 15:41:01

Definitely get a taxi. The buses are way too complicated! It is a couple of miles from Temple Meads to Ikea, I would think it would be between £5 and £10 each way.

ilovemydogandMrObama Fri 20-Feb-09 15:43:40

There are designated Ikea busses... Call the store and ask?

carrielou2007 Fri 20-Feb-09 18:25:03

Where abouts do you live littlelamb, we go to Ikea a fair bit, depending on what you want and where you live could get it for you and drop it off??

littlelamb Fri 20-Feb-09 18:31:56

Ah carrielou it's very kind of you but we're in Exeter. Was planning to go to Bristol to see some friends and kill two birds with one stone but I can't make sense of the bus timetables blush Bristol confuses the hell out of me- I think Exeter is about my limit when it comes to cities [country bumpkin emoticon] I wanted to get some decorative bits for the dc's rooms but I am trying to cadge a lift from a friend tomorrow wink

carrielou2007 Fri 20-Feb-09 19:26:24

No worries, my sat nav doesn't like the centre since the new cabot circus, luckily woring in Bristol in years gone by I know it pretty well!! It's not actually very far from Temple Meads, straight past Temple Quay and onto M32 and it's second exit, would take about 5 mins in the car so taxi yuk cost but easy peasy? There is a huge Tesco next to Ikea and they have free buses also I think if you are looking at timetables?

cloudedyellow Fri 28-Sep-12 18:32:09

To update this: I went to Bristol IKEA today from Bath. Caught train to Bristol Temple Meads. Changed trains to Bristol Parkway. Got off at Stapleton Road and walked for 10 mins to IKEA as retiredgoth 2 said.
A poor, immigrant area, but no problems at all.
I love IKEA. Where else could you get a double duvet cover - cotton and pillowcase for £3?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now