Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

child tax credits

(9 Posts)
fionaw Tue 12-Apr-05 09:46:41

Can anyone advise me on this? What actually is it? Who is eligable and how to i go about getting it?

Twiglett Tue 12-Apr-05 09:48:18

if your family income is less than £58K then you are eligible

it is tiered dependent on how much you do earn

I will go get you the website, hang on a tic

Twiglett Tue 12-Apr-05 09:48:51

here you are

fionaw Tue 12-Apr-05 09:51:15

wow! Thanks for that Twiglett. It amazes me that there are so many of us trying to remain sane by communicating via our computers. What did women do b4 the internet!!?

Twiglett Tue 12-Apr-05 09:52:59

valium and gin

MrsBigD Tue 12-Apr-05 10:03:58

gin is still good

expatinscotland Tue 12-Apr-05 10:05:59

Does a/one know if they bungle it up when you report having another child - i.e, stop making payments to you? I'm due at the end of December, but if I missed even one payment we'd be facing eviction. So I'm wondering if just to say n/thing until it comes time for annual review. Cuz being homeless w/a newborn wouldn't be good - and I'm not exaggerating, our budget is really that tight and rents in this town are sky high.

Bozza Tue 12-Apr-05 10:08:58

No effect on ours expat, payments just kept on coming as usual. But then we are in that huge bracket at the top, so actually having another child doesn't make any difference to our entitlement.

Rian Thu 14-Apr-05 18:20:53

the tax credit office is notorious for messing things up, but if you get more than the minimum award, your tax credit entitlement should definitely increase if you have another child. I can't do links but the website www.entitledto.co.uk is really helpful for working out what you should get, or you could ask the citizens advice bureau to advise you. Plus, if you're on a low income you should be entitled to a surestart maternity grant (£500) and maybe some housing benefit to help with the rent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now