Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Goodbye from me to you (but not a flounce, just a byebye)

(49 Posts)
Fio2 Mon 11-Apr-05 08:20:03

I have decided over the weekend that it would be better if i stopped posting and reading MN. Its silly, but it gives me an inferiority complex nowadays and i think my life would be a lot simpler if I just left and didnt post anymore. It is no-ones fault, no-one has upset me, it is my problem. Think i need to concentrate on my real life and stop talking to my computer so much.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me over the last 2 years or so. Thanks to everyone on the Special needs section of the board who have helped me enormously come to terms with my daughters problems, and I hope I have helped other people too.

Oh well, this all sounds very dramatic, but thought it would be ignorant just to disappear. Goodbye xx

throckenholt Mon 11-Apr-05 08:21:32

enjoy your life

Evesmama Mon 11-Apr-05 08:24:16

bye hun...feel the same way

Hulababy Mon 11-Apr-05 08:24:45

Sorry to see you go Fio; you will be missed. Take care and hope things go well for you

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 08:29:16

Real ife??? Beyond Mumsnet?? It can't be true!

Totally understand where you're coming from Fio2.... but I give you a month.... you'll be back.

LGJ Mon 11-Apr-05 08:32:11

This Hotel Mumsnet, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

maddiemo Mon 11-Apr-05 08:36:27

I know what you mean Fio.

I will miss you on the sn board. You were the first person to reply to my first post.

I hope dd and ds do well.

Take care of yourself.

lou33 Mon 11-Apr-05 08:41:49

Will miss you Fio x

lockets Mon 11-Apr-05 08:43:17

Message withdrawn

Cadbury Mon 11-Apr-05 08:44:27

I'm sorry you feel this way Fio, but I understand.
Please don't loose touch with me.

chonky Mon 11-Apr-05 08:45:13

Sorry to hear that you're off. Thanks for all the advice you've given me. Take care, x

Marina Mon 11-Apr-05 09:10:03

Fio, will really miss you and our silly exchanges on knitting and the Kent coast...please take care and pop back sometime to let us know how you are.

anorak Mon 11-Apr-05 09:24:51

I don't believe anyone can stay away once they get to know people on here!

But you do what you have to do, sweetie. You can always contact me by email if you want to chat, and don't you dare ever go by where I live without calling in! xxx

gingerbear Mon 11-Apr-05 09:28:01

I know what you mean Fio. I have to have my regular mumsnet fix.
You will be missed.
Don't forget us though huh?

Xzebra Mon 11-Apr-05 09:29:30

Gawd, Fio, if you're inferior I don't know what that makes me.

I guess I'd better get MSN sorted out, YOU WILL STILL BE ON MSN, at least sometimes, won't you???

marthamoo Mon 11-Apr-05 09:54:11

You'll be missed, fio, take care xx

coppertop Mon 11-Apr-05 09:55:33

Fio. Good luck with everything. Come back if you change your mind though. xx

dinosaur Mon 11-Apr-05 09:58:11

Take care Fio. Wishing you all the best.

colditzmum Mon 11-Apr-05 10:00:19

Oh, fio2, you know I'm gonna say it...

"don't go, please!"

Mind you, you are not the only one who feels a bit inferior when they see the pasta stringing, masterpeice making, organic eating exploits of everyone elses kids, but I am convinced that at least a couple of people here (no-one specific!!!!) are detailing their ideal life, as opposed to their actual life!

suedonim Mon 11-Apr-05 12:17:12

Aw Fio. I'll miss the MN connection between me up here, and you in the Bay, where my mil also lives. Take care.

anonymousflouncer Mon 11-Apr-05 12:37:33

I 'left' just over a week ago. I don't post on talk anymore (this is my first post in 7 days) - my real username would probably be more familiar to you. Obviously it's hard to go completely cold turkey (hence I am still logging in occasionally for a lurk but not posting).

I didn't quit because I felt inferior but did find some of the threads very irritating; so empathise with you there.

Main reason was that Mnet was becoming an obsession and spare time was spent catching up on all the threads coupled with a genuine fear that I was missing something if I hadn't logged on for a day. You sound similar - in that you want to concentrate on your RL and not have a fake relationship with your pc.

Have to say I highly recommend withdrawing for a bit - not necessarily quitting entirely, but maybe going on a mumsnet diet where you only have a light snack at the mumsnet talk table occasionally rather than pigging out regularly and raiding the freezer.

I've certainly had much more time available since I withdrew a bit

anonymousflouncer Mon 11-Apr-05 12:38:28

Sorry - not implying through my temporary name that you are flouncing because I know you are not. I sort of did though in a low key way, hence my name.

champs Mon 11-Apr-05 12:40:21

bye fio!!

Peckarollover Mon 11-Apr-05 18:02:47

Fio!!!!!!!!!! I will miss you

Hope your not going to be going off msn too.

For what its worth i know what you mean about the inferiority bit - i often feel like that but i know im a good mam really even though i smoke, visit mcdonalds, rely on cbeebies etc

milge Mon 11-Apr-05 18:08:31

Sorry to see you go Fio, hope you can pop onto the SN board from time to time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now